Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Crewmembers
Register Forgot Password?

Crewmembers If you work on a ship or have in the past

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 24th, 2013, 04:47 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Question Do I lie on the medical forms I fill in for the interview?!!

Hi! I am hoping to get a job on a cruise ship working in retail. I have an interview coming up with Starboard and have to fill in some forms beforehand. One of the forms is for medical history and it asks whether you have ever suffered from any psychological problems such as depression. It also asks you to sign on the bottom and then they can check your medical records if they want to.

I suffered from depressive symptoms on and off for a few years. I went to the doctors twice in the space of 2 years to discuss my problems but nothing came of it and then 18 months ago I was put on anti-depressants. I didn't really take them regularly and came off them pretty quickly by myself and have felt happy and in control of my life for a year. I am just concerned about what to do regarding the interview! Do I lie so it doesn't affect my chances of employment? I feel very in control of my life now and am desperate for this opportunity to work on a cruise!

I am just worried that if i tell the truth they won't hire me, but if i lie they may check my records and find out anyway? If anyone has advice I would really appreciate it!!!
Sponsored Links
Old April 12th, 2013, 09:03 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Hey, I have the same question! did we get any feed back on that?
Old April 13th, 2013, 11:47 AM
Cruise Maniac

If u have a problem with depression please don't take a job on a ship. Being at sea for long percentages of time can be hard & telling on a person.