Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Crewmembers
Register Forgot Password?

Crewmembers If you work on a ship or have in the past

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 30th, 2014, 12:49 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Royal Caribbean, Princess, NCL, Carnival, or Disney? Which is best to work for?

Has anyone worked for Royal Caribbean, NCL, Carnival, Princess, or Disney Cruise Lines? I am considering applying for positions of Training Coordinator or Youth Counselor, and am trying to get reviews from others who have worked for different cruise lines.

My dream job would be getting on a ship that cruises around the world, such as some of the Princess ships, and not just one that hits the same ports over and over. Obviously, I know you can't choose your ship, but would you recommend certain lines over others? I worry more about Carnival and Disney being mainly short cruises vice some of the other lines which offer cruises much longer in length.

Also, maybe you can give me insight as to what life is like working in higher positions such as Staff vs Crew on ships. I think I would love being a Youth Counselor, but I am over 50, and don't know if there will be any people my age in the area we are confined to on the ship.
Sponsored Links
Old March 6th, 2014, 01:27 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

You hit the nail on the head - get on a shiup that travels the world - that is NOT Disney.

Also, if you want your job to be easy go where there are the fewest kids - that would be Holland or Princess.

The smaller, older ships of either of these lines are the ones that travel the most and have the fewest kids.

Here are more tips, while onboard learn new skills - shore-ex, for example, or cruise staff. That way you can work on ships that don;t have kids - the best, smallest ships.