Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Crewmembers
Register Forgot Password?

Crewmembers If you work on a ship or have in the past

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 27th, 2014, 08:29 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Carnival cruise line interview

Hey, I've got an interview coming up in October for carnival. Can anyone tell me what the interview process is like and what happens etc

I spoke to a lady on the phone from the hiring partner and I have been invited to a group and one to one interview.

Any advice would be helpful!
Sponsored Links
Old September 29th, 2014, 06:09 AM
Familiar Face

I had an interview for Princess over Skype. First thing, know your information about the company! Know how many ships they have, when they started, where they go to, and what your role will be/entail. That was the first question I was asked, and I was so ready!

Also, don't be shy! Smile, laugh if you find something funny, but still be professional. I was interviewed for Junior Assistant Cruise director, and he asked me on the spot to pretend I was hosting an event. I just sucked it up, and went for it. I felt so stupid, but he LOVED it!

Also, tell the truth. You might get the job, and if you don't say what you really are, you could be in big trouble.

Have fun! I love interviews. I suppose I am outgoing and love talking to people. Just show you are motivated, you can take the lifestyle and that you will try your best.

I totally got the job. I hope you do the same! Good luck!
Old October 1st, 2014, 05:07 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Hey, thank you so much for replying and the advice I now have another interview at short notice for royal Caribbean over Skype so I need to get studying!!

What sort of questions do they ask?

I really hope I get the job been wanting this for ages!
Old October 2nd, 2014, 01:48 AM
Familiar Face

What position are you going for?

Well the first question was, "What do you know about Princess cruises?". Then they asked me things about my experience, how I would handle an unhappy passenger, and how I would decorate for a 50's themed party. It's pretty easy, and if you're smiling and have an actual conversation with the person, it won't really feel like an interview and will make it much less stressful!
Old October 2nd, 2014, 12:27 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Guests services officer

Ok so I had the Skype interview today nothing like going into it head first! I think I did ok I've been put through to have another Skype interview with hr in Miami so fingers crossed!!

Thanks a million for the advice im still bricking it for my face to face interview with carnival in a few weeks