Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Crewmembers
Register Forgot Password?

Crewmembers If you work on a ship or have in the past

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 18th, 2015, 04:35 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Exclamation Steiner - Work for him like masseur, and opportunities after him

Hi! I have many questions about Steiner. First, accept my apology for posible bad English.

My close person work for Steiner now, and its true all that people wrote for Steiner, - bad company for work!

But, opinions might be different, someone like Steiner, but when you are far away from family and friends in terrible work conditions, that's not OK.

Steiner are not for professionals masseurs or etc. He is for good traders.

With that he ruin his reputation, people don't like inrush for buying his products.

And in Steiner Starter pack wrote many things, people can be think its beautiful work for steiner. No, its not!

Steiner violates rights of its employees after all marine conventions.
How?

- Working for 12-14 hours a day
- Pushing retail
- Not enabled contact with familiy
- Self-will of managers
- Free days separated in few hours in more days
- Blackmail with termination of contract and disembarking.
- Small pay for that torture
- Termination of contract if you get ill

And lot more.

I know, people accept all that wrote in contract, but, some things are not OK.
This is slavery, in nice, without whip, but with contract.

With termination of contract people lose all rights, all certification from Steiner academy! Its this true?

And we get to next question. What next?

On Steiner web page, wrote this - Most staff can get a job anywhere after working at sea with Steiner.

Its that's true or is it one of sea lies from Steiner?

Can my close person get certificates if break the contract? This is terrible for him, physically and mentally, but much is invested, and worst of all is if she lost certification.

Situation is not good, and companies like Steiner must be labeled, investigated and forced that do not violate human and labor rights of employees.

Any advices or commentars?
Sponsored Links
Old March 18th, 2015, 05:00 PM
Cruise Maniac

Can my close person get certificates if break the contract? This is terrible for him, physically and mentally, but much is invested, and worst of all is if she lost certification.

Does she have paper copies of these certificates to say she passed?

If so I do not see how Steiner can cancel them?

Your close person should do the following if they chose to leave:

Keep copies of steiner job offer
Keep copies of Certificates
Keep copies of all email communication with steiner.

All of these things are proof that she successfully passed her training, and that she got offered job to work with Steiner on board.

Any future employer can see this proof.

Do not worry about anything Steiner say, it means nothing.
Old March 18th, 2015, 05:20 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by taoist View Post

Does she have paper copies of these certificates to say she passed?

If so I do not see how Steiner can cancel them?

Your close person should do the following if they chose to leave:

Keep copies of steiner job offer
Keep copies of Certificates
Keep copies of all email communication with steiner.

All of these things are proof that she successfully passed her training, and that she got offered job to work with Steiner on board.

Any future employer can see this proof.

Do not worry about anything Steiner say, it means nothing.
Thanks for fast answer.
She have all email communication but with recruitment agency and she have copies of job offer.
Copy of certificates,hmm, I think that she have this, but I will ask her. Communication is a disaster, she must have day off to get out from board, and search for free WiFi.

In agreement mentioned "Addendum" but she don't have him, and does not know the contents of him. She is afraid that the cancellation of the contract will bad reference for future employment, and if lost the rights on certificates...all suffering for nothing.

Will see...
Old March 19th, 2015, 05:51 AM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by amra View Post
Thanks for fast answer.
She have all email communication but with recruitment agency and she have copies of job offer.
Copy of certificates,hmm, I think that she have this, but I will ask her. Communication is a disaster, she must have day off to get out from board, and search for free WiFi.

In agreement mentioned "Addendum" but she don't have him, and does not know the contents of him. She is afraid that the cancellation of the contract will bad reference for future employment, and if lost the rights on certificates...all suffering for nothing.

Will see...

Did she choose to leave Steiners?

Or

Did Steiner cancel her contract / fire her from her position?
Old March 19th, 2015, 06:53 AM
Familiar Face

If you provide the required notice for a resignation, they should provide all your certificates upon your disembarkation.

For what it's worth, most positions on ships are arduous. Everyone works 7 days a week, with only a few hours off per day. The money is rubbish by most standards, but since you're fed 3 meals a day and housed at the company's cost, the pay isn't all that bad.
Old March 19th, 2015, 03:32 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by taoist View Post
Did she choose to leave Steiners?

Or

Did Steiner cancel her contract / fire her from her position?
She choose to leave.

Karen97
Ok, you have meal and housing, Working on terror, and get about 800-900 $ regardless of the retail.

Far away from family, closed in metal wreck. Al that stuff you have in prison.

So. What you conclude? Are you work for Steiner?
Old March 20th, 2015, 05:26 AM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by amra View Post
She choose to leave.

Karen97
Ok, you have meal and housing, Working on terror, and get about 800-900 $ regardless of the retail.

Far away from family, closed in metal wreck. Al that stuff you have in prison.

So. What you conclude? Are you work for Steiner?

Ok, if she choose to leave, thats ok, she cannot be punished in any way.

She left, she did not get fired. So that is good.

If she has copies of her certificates, then she has no problem.

If she goes to another job, she says I chose to leave and here is the proof I had the job, and these are my certificates.

Nobody can "cancel" what she achieved, Nobody can "cancel" that she passed tests, got offered job, and spent some time working on a cruise ship.
She must have completed medical and safety training. If she has copies of these certificates, she must keep them as well.

As she also has also passed all these things, she can easily apply for jobs directly with a cruise line like RCCL or Carnival, rather than 3rd party like Steiners.

Conditions are much better with direct employment on a cruise line.

I loved my time on ship, I had good money, I got to travel and see many places, made many friends and I worked on some of the biggest and best cruise ships in the world, they were not a metal wreck.

of course it all depends on the position you get and how you deal with it, for some it can be bad, others it can be good.
Old March 21st, 2015, 02:09 AM
Familiar Face

I didn't work for a 3rd party, I worked directly for the company. Everybody is far away from family and friends, it's what we sign up for. The job can be awesome, like a big adventure, however we are there to work. Big hours/long days are a given in this industry. The job on the ship was the lowest paid position that I have ever had, but I still enjoyed my time at sea. Adjusting to life at sea can be very hard for some, and the life isn't for everyone.
I'm sure that your friend won't have troubles finding other employment
Old May 3rd, 2015, 08:20 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Hi everyone,

I worked last year for Steiner Ltd. a full contract 8 months.EVERYTHING ABOVE IS RIGHT.

It's a loooot overtime work,a lot stress from managers,free time separated in few hours everyday (its impossible to deconect from work in a few hours),small pay for this torture.Honestly its not too far these words.Its slavery with contract.

I just recovered from my depression.

I am feeling sick,Ah!!!!!!!!!!! If I was reading about Steiner before signing the contract today it could be other situation for me,a lot better.

Open your eyes before signing!!!