Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Crewmembers

Crewmembers If you work on a ship or have in the past

Old August 7th, 2015, 08:54 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Awaiting ship offer

hello,

I just received an email saying I was approved to work on board for restaurant services and after completing the necessary info on rclctrac I will hear back shortly. Can anyone tell me what I will probably hear next and how long perhaps? Thanks
Old August 8th, 2015, 01:35 AM
Familiar Face

Hi dheeke.

RCCL (and all others) what it does is to create a talent pool and on the first position available they take people from there. There are a lot of factors. availability, que list, people resign, etc

so there is no actual time. it can be 3 weeks or 8 months. usually after a year they are re confirm your interest in the position.

However waiters and food are change constantly so i guess you will be called very soon. Waiters dont have much wait time.

Usually if they hurry, you have 3 weeks for CD1 visa, medical and pack.

to get visa they need to send you LOE, letter of employment. Meanwhile you have to do your medical in an approved clinic. once all done, of you go!
Old August 10th, 2015, 09:33 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Follow up question

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellcine View Post
Hi dheeke.

RCCL (and all others) what it does is to create a talent pool and on the first position available they take people from there. There are a lot of factors. availability, que list, people resign, etc

so there is no actual time. it can be 3 weeks or 8 months. usually after a year they are re confirm your interest in the position.

However waiters and food are change constantly so i guess you will be called very soon. Waiters dont have much wait time.

Usually if they hurry, you have 3 weeks for CD1 visa, medical and pack.

to get visa they need to send you LOE, letter of employment. Meanwhile you have to do your medical in an approved clinic. once all done, of you go!

Thanks for the good info! Second question, I believe I will be in the assistant waiter position and the pay is really low to begin with, once onboard does it take long to move up to s waiter position? What are raises like? How often? How much? Just overall curious how long it takes to move up once onboard. Thanks again!
Old August 11th, 2015, 04:19 PM
Familiar Face

Your job is depended mostly on tips. There is the "base" salary that if you can not cover from tips Royal will pay but if your tips go all the way then they will pay nothing extra.
Based on tips is good and bad. If in Europe and hard work you may end up to 2000 - 2500 usd per month. In Caribbean you may end up to 3500$.

As a waiter you start with 2 tables i think and the most you can get is 5. But to get to 5 you must be wow at your services.

Royal has constantly training for moving on to the chain. i think there is a limitation of one completed contract but not sure. Basically there are cross training programs all the time. Then its up to you to complete successfully.

Raises so far is once per year, every July. Its a certain % added to the current salary, based on your current salary. E.g. if you take 100$ and the raise is 2% then next payments will be 102$. Royal had made 2 raises for tips so far this year, but i dont know how it reflects on you.
Old October 23rd, 2016, 08:37 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Hey can i ask how long after you initially applied did they take to contact you?