Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Crewmembers

Crewmembers If you work on a ship or have in the past

Old September 4th, 2015, 02:28 PM
Familiar Face

Default flight connection (amsterdam/atlanta)

Hey CMs,

I'm gonna fly from Budapest to Orlando via Amsterdam and Atlanta. I'm a returning CM. The layover time at both cities is 1hr45min. Is there a slight possibility that I'm gonna make it with PassControl (maybe at Amsterdam and I'm sure they gonna check on me at Atlanta) and Baggage Claim (at first US city reached during the entire flight)?

Thanks.
Old September 4th, 2015, 03:46 PM
First Mate

That's cutting it very close, especially in Atlanta! Make sure you have the crew travel services number handy in case you need to rebook!
Old September 4th, 2015, 04:08 PM
Familiar Face

well the ticket is flexible better wear running shoes. i have bad experiences with short connection times. i really hope that cbp will not mess with me at atlanta and grab my baggage in a split second. seats chosen not far from the entrance door.
Old September 4th, 2015, 10:13 PM
Familiar Face

Ask for a priority on your luggage, then it'll be off the plane first
Old September 5th, 2015, 03:49 PM
Familiar Face

Quote:
That's cutting it very close, especially in Atlanta! Make sure you have the crew travel services number handy in case you need to rebook!
i googled amsterdam airport transfer and it said for international transfers it can be done under 50 mins. thank god it's only one big terminal. on the other hand i worry more about atlanta. i bearly remember but i think it has many separate concourses. and the skytrain (people mover between sections or what's it called). and passport control. on my way to second contract cbp at london (to miami) was not interviewing me. because half of the passengers reached the desk ten minutes after final call.
Old September 5th, 2015, 03:51 PM
Familiar Face

Quote:
Ask for a priority on your luggage, then it'll be off the plane first
does this work with delta? the priority baggage sticker thing? also googled it. most said it is useless.
Old September 5th, 2015, 03:59 PM
Familiar Face

in such short time do these guys have enough time to transfer the bags into the connecting aircraft?
Old September 5th, 2015, 04:37 PM
First Mate

Missing luggage happens a lot - remember to pack a change of clothes and anything you HAVE to have in your carry on! If you're missing it by Orlando, and there's a port agent picking you up, make sure to let them know. I think Atlanta to Orlando is a short, frequent flight line, so it may show up on the next one.

Sometimes, the more you plan for things to go wrong, the less they actually do ;-)
Old September 5th, 2015, 05:02 PM
Familiar Face

Quote:
Missing luggage happens a lot - remember to pack a change of clothes and anything you HAVE to have in your carry on! If you're missing it by Orlando, and there's a port agent picking you up, make sure to let them know. I think Atlanta to Orlando is a short, frequent flight line, so it may show up on the next one.

Sometimes, the more you plan for things to go wrong, the less they actually do ;-)
so sorry for being a nerv wreck... let's hope for the best. i trust orlando.