Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Crewmembers

Crewmembers If you work on a ship or have in the past

Old October 5th, 2015, 05:56 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Ncl employmant process

Hi guys month a go i got a offer in ncl as a waiter i sended all the police clearance and required medical certificate .how long it will take to get onboard..
Old October 5th, 2015, 06:35 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Hi Reddragon,

I was in the same circumstance as you awhile ago but will soon be boarding in a week for my first contract. My whole employment process was directly with NCL so it may be different from your experience.

It took me a long time to complete all the PEME and I was in regular contact with a representative from NCL but once I was cleared for work, they asked for my availability and we worked out an assignment date. In my case I only had to wait 3 weeks as I was cleared for work in mid-Sept.

Last edited by Kwanfucius; October 5th, 2015 at 07:57 PM.
Old October 6th, 2015, 03:51 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwanfucius View Post
Hi Reddragon,

I was in the same circumstance as you awhile ago but will soon be boarding in a week for my first contract. My whole employment process was directly with NCL so it may be different from your experience.

It took me a long time to complete all the PEME and I was in regular contact with a representative from NCL but once I was cleared for work, they asked for my availability and we worked out an assignment date. In my case I only had to wait 3 weeks as I was cleared for work in mid-Sept.
Old October 6th, 2015, 03:54 AM
Welcome Newcomer

thank you kuwanfucias
Yes iam directly comunicating with ncl recrutemant coordinator through email.i sended preme already waiting for there reply.
Old November 8th, 2015, 08:25 PM
Familiar Face

Talking I'm Waiting on my Medical Cleareance

So I applied did all my paperwork already got my Twic card. I'm waiting on my medical seems like it's taking forever but I guess I have to wait. I'm so ready to work for Poa NCL this ain't my first rodeo I worked on a smaller cruise ship before so I now know what to expect.
Old November 9th, 2015, 12:45 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Reddragon, it's hard to say how long it will take. Even though you are getting your work done, the HR people also have hundreds of other people in the same circumstance. They will put you in the gap pool, and contact you when they can have you start. (Ie, a spot will open up when someone else's contract ends)