Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Crewmembers

Crewmembers If you work on a ship or have in the past

Old October 16th, 2017, 07:10 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Pre employment medical exam

Is pre employment medical exam done by cruise ship lines as strict for staff (finance, hr) as it is for crew? I don't have asthma but I do wheeze when I get severe case of cold allergy because of sinusitis which has always gone away with medicine intake.
On the side note, I would like to tell this done not happen very frequently. I go for long runs almost everyday and never end up wheezing. If I get severe cold and the air is dry around then after a while I start wheezing and it has always gone away with asthaline puff and citrazine tablet.
Also, I would like to broaden this question to know, will small medical issues which can be dealt with a tablet or two be neglected by the company considering none of these issues are in any way debilitating?

Last edited by Django; October 16th, 2017 at 07:23 AM. Reason: Extension
Old October 20th, 2017, 04:43 PM
Familiar Face

yes and no. Officially yes. But the crew amount needed is huge so as long as you tell them, they will be ok. So no big deal.