Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Cruise Cuisine
Register Forgot Password?

Cruise Cuisine Recipes or cruise food and drinks

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 28th, 2003, 10:37 AM
Passenger

Default soda card

Do you think the soda card is worth buying? I do drink lots of Diet Coke, but noticed you get free refills in the Main dining room. Does that apply everyone on the ship or just the Main dining room.
Sponsored Links
Old September 1st, 2003, 11:04 AM
b.krewson

Default Re: soda card

We like it. Some say you only saves a few dimes per drink. We drink a lot of Diet Coke and a few dimes per drink is better in my pocket then theirs. We buy a soda card every time. It works by the pool to the dining room. You cant lose. Also you get cans of coke also. You here fountain drinks only. We have always gotten cans.

I hope I have helped you.

Brad

Post Edited (09-01-03 11:05)
Old September 1st, 2003, 09:36 PM
First Mate

I vote for the soda card. It's cheaper than the bottled water really in the long run and yes, Im a water snob

Moon
Old July 6th, 2004, 08:05 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Re: soda card

Does the soda card cover bottled water or do you have to buy that separately?
Old July 7th, 2004, 04:15 AM
Yeoman

Ooo... good question!
Old July 9th, 2004, 06:12 AM
First Mate

How much is the soda card on Carnival? Also, does soda come with your dinner in the main dining room or do you have to pay extra for it if you do not buy a soda card?
Old July 10th, 2004, 12:24 AM
Cruise Maniac

Not sure how much the soda card is on Carnival - I take my own 6-pk of 16-oz. bottled Cokes.

However, I do know that - NO, soft drinks are not complimentary anywhere on the ship, including the dining room. Only children under 12 can receive soft drinks at dinner (dining room only) at no charge.

Also - in the dining room, your waiter does not take your soft drink order. There are bar attendants who come around to tables taking drink orders (alcoholic & soft drinks).
Old July 16th, 2004, 07:33 AM
Passenger

So they allow you to bring your own sodas onboard? I was thinking of doing this.

Old July 16th, 2004, 11:37 AM
Yeoman

Most cruise lines don't "allow" you to bring your own beverage on-board, but rather enforce their restrictions against it rather casually and infrequently.
Old August 18th, 2004, 12:27 PM
First Mate

I called Carnival and they said you are allowed to carry on a reasonable amount of soda.

But I just can't see carrying heavy soda onboard...

Its only money.. I'll buy the card..for my son.. and he can get me a soda when I need one..

Old August 19th, 2004, 03:35 PM
MichaelE

Do you guys know if a couple may "share" a soda card, or do we have to purchase two seperate cards?
Old August 19th, 2004, 03:39 PM
First Mate

Well I plan on having my son go and get me one with his.. He can go up to a counter and bring it back to me..

Am i cheating?

Old August 19th, 2004, 04:12 PM
Yeoman

The soda card is $6 per day per person, not per family.
Old August 21st, 2004, 06:47 PM
Admiral

Yes, it would be cheating. Soda cards are for one user only.

The cards are $5.50 per day (you can only buy them for the number of days of your cruise - you can't decide you only want one for 2 days) and you cannot use them with room service.

Sodas are between $2.00 and $2.50, so if you drink more than 2 or 3 sodas per day it's worth it. My dh and son consume large amounts of soda - they will each get one. I just buy a soda (usually only one per day) whenever I want one.

dorothy

Carnival Elation
Carnival Elation March 11
Carnival Imagination Sept 07
Carniival Sensation Dec 06
RCI Sovereign of the Seas Sept 06
Carnival Miracle Sept 05
Carnival Glory Sept 04
Carnival Fantasy Jan 04
Old August 21st, 2004, 11:23 PM
Cruise Maniac

Yes, as mentioned above, CARNIVAL does allow a 'reasonable amount' of soft drinks to be brought on board. That's why I take a 6-pk. of 16-oz. plastic-bottled Cokes. I don't consider it a problem to take them, as I pack them in my second medium piece of luggage and check it w/my other piece of luggage. I take Cokes because ONE Coke in the cabin is $2.50, and I can buy a whole 6-pk for that amount!
Old August 25th, 2004, 12:17 PM
jmek34

We were on a Carnival cruise in May, my husband bought a soda card, the kids and I really don't drink enough to really make it worth buying the card. The first night in the dining room, our waitress who took our drink order said that my son who is 12 could order a coke at no charge, my husband showed his card and I just went with water. The next night in the dining room, I decided to order a coke and figured I would have to pay for it but she didn't make me sign anything so I figured it was being billed to my card as we were in assigned seating. Every night she brought me a coke, but I was never billed for them. So I'm not sure if she thought that because my husband had one that I also had a card or what. I didn't even question it. As I'm sure everyone knows, that bill at the end of the cruise is usually high enough.
Old September 1st, 2004, 09:52 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to Californiacutie Send a message via Yahoo to Californiacutie

My parents were going to get me and my sister a soda card aboard the Carnival Pride but then realized we really dont drink that much soda so why waste around $30 each to get them. We also noticed that in the Mermaid Grille they had free punch and apple juice and water so why not just take advantage of that. So if you drink a lot of soda then go for it. But if you can live without it for a week, just drink the punch.

Old September 2nd, 2004, 02:11 AM
Administrator
Admiral

I think it is worth it on Princess and Carnival where it will run you anywhere from $22 to $30 for a seven day cruise. On RCCL it is $42 for a seven day cruise. I find that a bit too steep for fountain soda.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old September 27th, 2004, 03:55 PM
Familiar Face

If Carnival allows soda's does anyone know if NCL does?
I don't drink coffee and a Diet Coke is my morning drink.
Old September 28th, 2004, 11:40 AM
Nancy M

We're going on RC in October. Is the soda card excepted in the clubs at night?