Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Cruise Cuisine
Register Forgot Password?

Cruise Cuisine Recipes or cruise food and drinks

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 2nd, 2003, 05:26 PM
SG

Default Vegetarian dining on Carnival

I was wondering if anyone has experiences with the availability of vegetarian (preferably vegan) options on carnival. I will be on the Sept 26 sailing of the legend and am curious about what is available- especially at the sit down dinners etc. I have already advised my TA and she is doing the best she can for me. I was just curious to hear about any experiences out there...
Sponsored Links
Old September 17th, 2003, 07:12 AM
Bomby

Default Re: Vegetarian dining on Carnival

Haven't been on the cruise yet but when I went to Carnival's web site they had a sample menu and I noticed that they had one appitizer and one entree that was vegetarian (they probably could make it vegan for you, if you asked).
Old September 18th, 2003, 10:42 AM
Admiral

On our last Carnival cruise we were seated at breakfast with a vegetarian family. They were a bit disappointed in the limited number of options. Sorry, but that's what they said.

I know the above poster is right, there is always at least one appetizer and one entree that is vegetarian. But when there are five entree choices and you can only eat one, I can see why some people would be a bit disappointed.

I haven't sailed on Royal Caribbean yet but I've heard they have an entire vegetarian menu every night.

Have a great cruise.

Cheers,
Michelle B.

Old September 25th, 2003, 03:47 AM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to saveanimls

Thank you both for sharing ! I am cruising this friday and am hoping for the best!
I will post my thoughts when I get back...

Thanks again!

Carnival Legend

Old October 7th, 2003, 10:17 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to saveanimls
Default Re: Re: Vegetarian dining on Carnival

I just got back from the 9/26-10/4 Legend sailing and I have to say the food was excellent.

The buffets all had veggie foods available and Truffles always had one option listed for. Overall, the veggie meals were excellent and when I did not like the offered choice, they gladly made me whatever I requested. We even dined at the Golden Fleece (which does not have anything on their menu that is close to veggie) and they also made me whatever I requested.

On my comments card, I did suggest that carnival include more veggie options on future menus (similar to Royal Carribean entirely veggie menu).

Thanks everyone for your help and if anyone has any questions, please email me at saveanimls@aol.com.