CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Cruise Cuisine (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/cruise-cuisine/)
-   -   Appetizers before late seating (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/cruise-cuisine/293408-appetizers-before-late-seating.html)

Patifa January 24th, 2004 12:31 PM

Appetizers before late seating

We have the late (8:30) seating on our February cruise, and have figured we will probably be hungry as the afternoon ends and the early evening begins. We will probably want to snack on something light just to tide us over, like appetizers or whatever.

What options are available for such a thing? We probably would not want to order room service as that would be too much. Does the ship have small bites, appetizers, or similar snacks available in the late afternoon/early evening for those who have the late dinner seating?

Mark&Deb January 24th, 2004 04:44 PM

Re: Appetizers before late seating

Our ship had places open that you could still get a sandwich, fruit, cookies, pizza, wraps & other stuff for a snack.

Mark&Deb

alang January 27th, 2004 08:34 AM

What cruise line?

Patifa January 27th, 2004 10:08 AM

Celebrity - Century

cathy January 27th, 2004 04:23 PM

RCL's Explorer, Navigator has a cafe in the promenade that is open 24 hours with sandwiches, cookies, fruit, pizza. Sometimes it's nice to have a little something about 4:30 or 5:00 to hold you over.

BC Cruiser January 28th, 2004 10:44 AM

Celebrity Millennium has a sushi bar open 6-10 pm. Great pre dinner dinner!

My typical day: room service coffee, juice & danish/croissant while getting ready for breakfast.

Breakfast from light & fit to fancy, pastry bar to snack bar.

Lunch: Usually on the pool deck

Pre dinner: Sushi

Dinner 8:30 at the main restaurant

Snacks: while dancing

Enjoy & wear your snugger fitting clothes early on the cruise. By the end all your clothes will be snugger but the smaller sizes won't fit by friday

Mark&Deb January 28th, 2004 09:28 PM

We were on Radiance

Mark&Deb

retiredldo February 14th, 2004 07:35 PM

Re: Re: Appetizers before late seating

HAL has a pizza pasta bar open from 1130 am till 1am, they also have hamburgers, hot dogs etc till 6, a taco bar till 6, ice cream cookies etc till 1 am, and of course room service

marvholly February 15th, 2004 07:15 PM

I suspect the sushi bar will be open in the buffet area at the time you want to snack. Also, don't ignore room service, you can order light like a fruit and cheese tray. We did both on the Mercury last June because we, too, had late seating. I plan to teach my adult daughter about room service on our March Victory cruise. I suspect she wil be a real quick learner.

higginszoo March 5th, 2004 07:11 PM

Century has afternoon tea, and then the sushi bar. Concierge class and suites also get canapes delivered to the rooms. I think they always have things to nibble on at the coffee bar, too. www.celebritycentury.com is a site set up by cruisers and has several daily newsletters scanned in, and in there is a list of what dining is open when.

rcajun March 11th, 2004 11:47 AM

The Conquest also has a sushi bar that is open from 5:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. every evening. In addition, traditional English tea was served every afternoon in Alfred's Bar.

cotton May 4th, 2004 07:56 AM

On Carnival ships, the pizzeria is open 24/7, as is the softserve ice cream area. At the pizzeria, you can get a Caesar salad - which would tide you over nicely until your 8:30 dinnertime. Also, from room service, you could order the Crudites w/Bleu Cheese sauce. Nothing like a few veggie sticks to stop the hungers. And yes, "tea" is a nice way to shake off the hunger attacks, with the little cakes and finger sandwiches. On Carnival, there is ALWAYS something to eat!

Mark&Deb May 4th, 2004 10:32 PM

On a cruise ship - you will never go hungry!

Mark&Deb

Valentina1209 May 10th, 2004 10:37 AM

Our kids sometimes couldn't wait till dinner time, so we brought them up to the opne-seating, casual/buffet dining area around 6pm, but just for something to hold them (and us) not for a full meal. Then by 8:30, we were ready to eat again.