Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Cruise Cuisine
Register Forgot Password?

Cruise Cuisine Recipes or cruise food and drinks

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 12th, 2004, 05:12 PM
victory cruiser

Default Lobster on carnival victory

Can anyone tell me if they have Loster on the menu? Is it just one night or a couple of nights? Carnival Victory Ship

thanks
Sponsored Links
Old March 12th, 2004, 06:30 PM
TinaJ

Default Re: Lobster on carnival victory

Hope there's lots of it, even if it isn't from ME!!
Old March 12th, 2004, 06:32 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to lgerrish
Default Re: Re: Lobster on carnival victory

Of course we know that Maine lobstah is the best!
Victory - April 18th
Old March 13th, 2004, 01:45 PM
First Mate

Only on the first formal night.
Old March 16th, 2004, 09:25 PM
Cruise Maniac

On formal night and it is not edible, it is like chewing rubberbands with less flavor. Do NOT get your heart set on lobster or filet on the Pride. You will be disapointed!
Old March 18th, 2004, 09:48 AM
victory cruiser

KL,

The lobster must really be horrible to taste like a rubberband. I have never even tried lobster before but my hubby has been craving it for months. Hopefully the Lobster is better on the Victory than on the Pride.

Carnival Victory
Old March 19th, 2004, 08:51 AM
Cruise Maniac

Lobsters are a Provisions Officer's nightmare.

I toured QE2's stores once and asked about lobsters. Apparently, they have to source lobsters from all over the world - and cruise lines are the largest consumer. The price fluctuates greatly dependent on the season and the weather, and at times they have to fly them in from Japan at some ridiculous price. Sometimes it just gets too ridiculous and they draw the line in the sand - price being prohibitive. Therefore, if you've set your heart on a nice lobster tail and it doesn't arrive, it could be that the price has again gone through the roof.

So how much is too much? Cunard stop buying at $40.00 a kilo (inc freight). Which I would too.

Pete
Old March 20th, 2004, 07:36 PM
Passenger

I have to echo KL's post about the rubberband-like lobster on the Pride. I was very disappointed. I had late seating, and you could tell it had been sitting on heat lamps for some time. Very dry and not much flavor. Drowning it in drawn-butter did little to disguise the lack of flavor and toughness.

I encourage anyone sailing the Pride to forego the Lobster. (Also, watch out for the Filet Minon, five people at our table sent theirs back, due to being way under-cooked and very tough.)
Old March 22nd, 2004, 09:15 AM
starfighter

I don't believe I've ever had a lobster that tasted like a rubber band, but then I'm not in the habit of eating rubber bands, so I have no idea how that would taste. I enjoyed my lobster at the late seating on the Pride, as I have on every cruiseship on which I have sailed. I've always found that it's good to listen to 100% of what others tell you, consider 50% of what they said, believe 25% of that information and expect 10% of it to happen to you. So, all in all, I'd order the lobster, if that's what you want, and don't pay any attention to anything you've read here.
Old March 22nd, 2004, 10:15 AM
Asealady

I have been on Carnival Victory 3 times and The Trimph once. Their lobster was very good. We were given more when asked. My husband doesnt eat the rest of the dinner, so they just brought lobster to him. One time he had 4 servings. This has been in the last 2 1/2 years. You will love it. No complaints here.
Old March 22nd, 2004, 12:41 PM
victory Cruiser

thanks for the replys everyone.
Old March 30th, 2004, 01:19 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to rehr

I enjoy the taste of rubberbands! I guess I will be enjoying my cruise after all. I will also be eagerly anticipating the arrival of the undercooked filet, which happens to be my favorite.. lol. : ) Happy Cruising!!!

Hopeful Undetermined Cruise
Past Cruises:
Paradise 4/11/04
Old April 6th, 2004, 01:12 PM
victory cruiser

finally got back from the victory and my husband being a lobster lover did find it abit like rubber but he ate it anyway. The prime rib was good though and all meat can be cooked well done if you want it that way. So dont worry about your beef moo-ing back at you.

victoria