Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Cruise Cuisine
Register Forgot Password?

Cruise Cuisine Recipes or cruise food and drinks

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 18th, 2004, 08:58 PM
Bonnet

Default Grand Princess menu

On formal nights do they serve the best food? Do they serve crablegs? How do you know what nights they serve what/ Is there a menu in the cabins?Thanks,first cruise
Sponsored Links
Old September 24th, 2004, 11:56 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Grand Princess menu

I'm not sure how often they change the menus but to get an idea of past menus, go to www.cruiseclues.com and click on "Grand Princess" on the left hand side. All sorts of links will pop up and some have scanned menus from past cruises. I've found all sorts of wonderful info on that site.

Old October 17th, 2004, 02:31 PM
ESS

Default Re: Grand Princess menu

On our cruise with the GP last year - we found the quality of the food to be spotty at best. Some items were very good - some were not good at all. I am not too fussy - as I am also happy at a BBQ and was probably one of the few individuals to have nice things to say about the GP BBQ at the Princess Cays. The pasta was not very good, and the "beef wellington" was very dry - perhaps recylced prime roast. On the other hand, the alternative steaks were very good, and the alternative cheesecake was very much to our liking.

We also found that breakfast in the dinning room was an experience to be avoided. There were very few people there - the menu was not extensive, and the food arrived ice-cold after a long wait. Better to grab breakfast at the Horizon buffet.

Although I did not ask for another main dish, one can ask if the food is not to one's liking. I am going on another cruise this year with RCCL, and if anything is not to my liking - I think I will not be bashful and ask for a substitute.

Have a good time and don't overlook the free mini golf course. It doesn't look like much - but it is a riot - especially when in rough weather!