Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Cruise Cuisine
Register Forgot Password?

Cruise Cuisine Recipes or cruise food and drinks

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 29th, 2004, 02:36 PM
CruzCrazy

Default RCL Offering Bar Drink Cards

I just read on a site that RCL is going to start offering Bar Drink Cards besides their soda cards on all their ships.

Does anyone know about this?

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Old September 30th, 2004, 03:59 PM
Lori J.

Default Re: RCL Offering Bar Drink Cards

My husband and I cruised on RCL in February of 2003 and they had the Bar Drink cards then. If you're planning on drinking, this is a good way to go. If I remember correctly and they haven't changed their pricing, it works out that you'll get one "free" drink compared to if you were just using your Sign & Sail card. Also, when we bought it, the bartender said that is was good for "bar brand" drinks, but we were able to order Bombay Saphire tonics with it at some bars -- then the card is a really great bargain.

Enjoy your cruise!
Old February 12th, 2005, 08:20 AM
Arty

Default Re: Re: RCL Offering Bar Drink Cards

can this card be used all week and can you use it at any bar on the ship. Also do you remember the cost. Sailing on the Adventure of the sea 9/18/05.
Arty
Old February 14th, 2005, 06:58 PM
Passenger

I read that it is $44.85 for 12 drinks. It works out to about $3.75 a drink which is a real bargain.
Old February 16th, 2005, 11:58 PM
claude gareau

Hi,
If such cards cover ALL bar drinks,inclusive of " specialty " pool drinks,
then it's one heck of a good deal.
We're sailing Apr'06 on INFINITY, hopefully, the parent Company will
extend the " drink card" to their Celebrity Brand.

You'd think Carnival would follow quickly on this.
Cheers
CG
Old February 21st, 2005, 03:52 PM
R Van

Noted these posts are for trhe most part from Feb. Sailing on Serenade 3/5. So is there a drink card and what about this wine & dine package. tickets don't tell you how much it is. can anyone fill me in ? thanks!
Old March 2nd, 2005, 07:29 AM
Beginner

Do you purchase the cards before sailing or when you board? Does it include wine? Sailing on Enchantment 1/2/06.
Old March 8th, 2005, 01:31 PM
Passenger

Send a message via MSN to rochesterny

just returned from Enchantment and I had heard a rumor about purchasing some kind of alcoholic bev package and when I got on the ship and asked I was told they didn't have anything like that. All they did have available was a Wine and Dine package where you purchased a package that included 1 bottle of wine for each nights dinner. Supposedly it was supposed to be 25% cheaper than buying a bottle of wine every night for dinner.

Other than that smuggle a small bottle of hooch onboard in your Carryon.. Not your checked baggage!

Old March 27th, 2005, 12:21 AM
Passenger

Why the carry on as opposed to the checked luggage? Just curious.
Old March 28th, 2005, 08:28 AM
Passenger

I read a post somewhere on this bulletin board from someone that asaid the cruiseline had done an x-ray or searched their checked luggage and found a big bottle of liquor and they it caused problems for them.

don't know how true that story sounds, or if it could happen again. For that matter they x-ray'd all our carry on bags when we boarded and nothing was said or commented about the two pint bottles in our backpacks.

I don't think we drink very much, just the wine during dinner that I commented on above, and maybe a few drinks at night and the liquor alone on our SeaPass added up to 600 bucks. Figure $5 per drink per person, plus the 15% tacked onto every single bill. And then if you throw an extra buck to the drink server. It can add up quickly.
Old March 30th, 2005, 12:15 PM
Passenger

We bought the drink card on our first cruise in 2002 and it didn't cover all kinds of drinks and it didn't cover my favorite drink Malibu Baybreeze. I had to get a rum & coke. I don't really know what the specifications are though. Check to see if your prefered drink is covered.
Old March 30th, 2005, 12:27 PM
R Van

well we are back from our RCCL 3/5 cruise on Serenade and there are no drink cards available. The wine package did work out well for us though.
Old April 2nd, 2005, 03:21 PM
CruzCrazy

If all cruiselines have the "specialty drinks of the day" available, why not just buy those?

I know Celebrity always has 3 different specialty drinks available each day. I'm not talking about the ones in the souvenir glasses but the ones they advertise in the daily newsletter and on the bar menus.

Nice way to try different drinks at a great price.
Old April 27th, 2005, 09:20 AM
Yeoman

We just got back from the SOS april 18th sailing, there was no card to be had, even when we asked for one! Good luck........

Mariner of the Seas (July 2006)
Mariner of the Seas (April 2007)

Freedom of the Seas (July 2007)
Old April 27th, 2005, 11:24 AM
Passenger

My wife had the specialty drink each day. I think they were 3.25 each so you saved maybe .75 cents per drink. If you don't want to get stuck wih a huge bar tab at the end of the cruise you should think about all inclusive resorts or I've heard there are all inclusive cruises.

A 3 to 4 star all inclusive resort in mexico costs less than 200 per person per day and you can have any darn kind of drink you want as much as you want.
Old July 12th, 2005, 06:38 PM
Beginner

Send a message via AIM to Bowlersbus

They used to - back in 2001. It was an Ocean Potion card and it purchased 10 drinks. I think it cost abour $40 dollars. I'd wish they all would do that. Much easier that giving your sign/sail card everytime you get a drink.