Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Cruise Cuisine
Register Forgot Password?

Cruise Cuisine Recipes or cruise food and drinks

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 14th, 2004, 07:27 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to barbarabeeb
Default celebrity infinity

hi all! my hubby and I are sailing on celebrity infinity on 5/16/05 (going to alaska) I was wondering what the food is like? hubby wants to know about the sea food is there lobster? crab legs? im not a sea food eater so what other types of things can we expect?

thanks!
Carolyn

Post Edited (10-15-04 05:36)

Monarch of the Seas our 1st cruise

Infinity~Alaska
Sponsored Links
Old October 15th, 2004, 10:09 PM
*AuSsIE BaBe*

Default Re: celebrity infinity

o0oo i went on the celebrity infinity a year or so ago n the food was great. there was so much to choose from and they were all really nice. usually on the last nite the waiters in the dining room come down and do a dance and bring out a desert of sum sort, on ours they had bon alaska, and it was great.
well i wasnt much of a seafood eater but my dad was and he ate sooo much, so i asume it was quite good.
and i asure you if they are having a grand buffet on the last nite and you do wish to go to it, dont eat dinner that nite or just have a lite snack of sum sort.
and the buffets are very nice aswell and all the staff were very Polite!

hope this helps
*aussie babe*
Old October 22nd, 2004, 06:26 PM
pairodocs

My wife and I were on the Infinity just about 6 weeks ago and found the food to be excellent both in quantity and quality. The food in the main dinning room is on par with a 3 - 4 star restaurant and you'll find the wait staff to cater to your every desire, if you don't see it on the menu, just ask and they will try to accomodate your wish. For example, I didn't like the choices on the menu one night and asked if they could serve up some grilled salmon. They brought me a LARGE piece of salmon grilled perfectly. Everyone at the table looked at my plate and wished that they had known that they could have ordered it as well. Another night I ordered (from the menu) veal picatta and was amazed at the portion of two large veal cutlets. On final formal night, I ordered the veal chop and asked to get a lobster tail as well, No problem. In fact I was able to get a second lobster tail without any trouble.

The food in the Oceanview is good but typical cafeteria type food. You won't be disappointed in the quality, but the food in the dining rood is little better. We ate all of our breakfasts in the Oceanview Cafe and had no complaints. My wife really liked the omlet station where you can get a custom omlet made while you wait. Also check out the grill by the spa. Not sure what it's called but the food is geared toward healthy fare. Lot of salad items and such. Really good grilled salmon here too. The grill by the pool is your typical hot dogs and hamburgers. Tried this once and it was ok. We ate in the dining room or at the Oceanview Cafe most of the time. They serve sushi in the Oceanview in the evening. Although we didn't get to try it, I heard that it was pretty good. Also didn't get to try the pizza but heard it was the best. I did get to indulge in the home made ice cream and can tell you that I had seconds and thirds (so many flavors and so little time).

Prior to leaving home for our cruise, I had read lots of stuff about the specialty restaurant SS United States and was a little skeptical of what I read. We went one night and we glad we did. You have to go at least one night. It's worth the extra money. The food was 5 star quality as was the wait staff. Everybody works to ensure that your meal is the best you have ever had, EVER. I ordered a fillet mignon and they brought me a fillet that was 5 -6 inches across and 3 inched thick cooked to perfection, REALLY.

I don't think you'll have any trouble with the food on this ship. In fact, be sure to bring progressively larger clothes to accommodate your ever widening girth as you cruise.
Old December 7th, 2004, 10:33 PM
Paul&Joe

We have cruised on the Mercury and the Summit and found both serving great food. On the Summit we ate at the sushi bar several times and indulged in the Normandy Room twice!
We are looking forward to our Panama cruise this DEC 20 on the Infinity and are already booked in the SS United States for Christmas Day!
Yep,you are right to consider wearing larger clothes or do as we did and use the work out room every day!
Old December 17th, 2004, 05:32 PM
CruzCrazy

I have cruised on the Horizon, Summit and just recently on the Constellation and I found the food to be excellent.

If you like beef, it is always very good. The lunch buffet always had a wonderful assortment of things to eat, with fresh pasta bar and check out the area way in the back of the buffet, there's always wonderful sandwiches and salads back there. Also, it's the best place to sit, away from the mainstream.

I always went to the Aqua Spa, just loved the food there. Even had the hamburgers by the pool and they were good.

Try the Sushi Bar at least once. There are tea sandwiches around 4:00 to hold you over if you have a late lunch.

And if you like French pastries, the Cova Cafe in the morning hours has chocolate croissants to die for.

If you like gourmet and a 5-star service the Specialty restaurant is a must at least once. Call the day you go and order the chocolate souffle for desert ahead of time...it's to die for! 'Well worth the extra charge.
Old February 7th, 2005, 05:03 PM
Trudy

On the Mercury do they have 'spa cuisine', (healthier food) like the do on the "infinity". Thanks.
Old February 10th, 2005, 04:58 PM
Cruise Maniac

Trudy.... no, there isn't a place to eat near the spa on Mercury. They do have a salad/soup/sandwich bar for lunch. Usually it is in the cafe (starboard, aft) but one day we had to go looking and found it out by the enclosed pool (this is also where you should go in the morning for the fresh waffles). They have a daily sandwich and soup. You can also make your own salad then hand it to the guy behind the counter and he will toss it with your favorite dressing and extras like shrimp, scallops, etc. The regular buffet lines offer hot dishes and mixed salads but not much in way of tossed salad. We never tried it but they also had a couple of pasta bars. You choose your veggies/meat/sauce and they make it fresh for you. It smelled good, though!

Just got off the Mercury on Monday... any other things you'd like to know?