Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Cruise Cuisine
Register Forgot Password?

Cruise Cuisine Recipes or cruise food and drinks

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 21st, 2005, 11:32 PM
bbeyes

Default restaurants on NCL Dawn

Hi,
This is our first time cruisin' and was wondering if any of the specialty restaurants were included in the cruise pkg.(free less tip) or is there a surcharge of some type? What is considered included in the cruise pkg as far as dining is concerned and what is any one's opinion of the meal quality aboard the Dawn? Any info or recommendations would be much appreciated. We will be sailing the 11-day Western Carribean cruise on Dec 11th 2005. Thanks in advance for any input.
Sponsored Links
Old April 25th, 2005, 02:28 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: restaurants on NCL Dawn

Our first cruise with NCL was the 4/10 Dawn. We did not eat at any of the restaurants that required a surcharge. There were plenty of other restaurants to eat at without spending more money. The 6 of us enjoyed Salsa's (reservations necessary) for dinner. We also enjoyed lunches and dinners at the Venetian, lunch at Aqua's, and dinners at Impressions. The Garden Buffet was ok for breakfast but wouldn't eat there for dinner. Too noisy and atmosphere not conducive to relaxing after a long day of fun (). We also enjoyed Trattoria's (reservations necessary) for dinner. Most of the food was good and since I didn't have to prepare it or cook it I enjoyed it.

From other passengers I heard Cagney's was very good. There were mixed reviews on Le Bistro (here's where you will find original paintings by Monet, Renoir, Van Gogh). I only wanted to see the paintings so I walked through during the day. There were also mixed reviews on Bamboo.
Old April 27th, 2005, 04:17 AM
bbeyes

Default Re: restaurants on NCL Dawn

Thanks for the great info it will be passed on to the others in my party. Any other comments about the cruise or the ship would be welcome, too if you care to send another reply. Thanks again!