CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Cruise Cuisine (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/cruise-cuisine/)
-   -   lobster (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/cruise-cuisine/293629-lobster.html)

missdeels August 17th, 2005 06:52 AM

lobster

hi!
I've read a lot of posts about the fabulous food on carnival. We will be on victory in october for our very first cruise.
I thought our travel agent mentioned being able to get lobster on formal night but have seen no mention of that here. Does anybody know if that's true? How about crab legs?
Just wondering.
Thanks!

Fern August 17th, 2005 05:56 PM

Re: lobster

Hi missdeels,

On our two Carnival cruises they served lobster. I believe it was on the second formal night, but that may have changed. Be aware that what they serve is "cold water" lobster. (Not Maine lobster) They are small but you can have as many as you want! No crab legs, though :(

jennygal August 19th, 2005 09:18 PM

Re: Re: lobster

We had lobster on our first formal night of both of our Carnival cruises. But I didn't like it as well as I do what we can get at restaurants in Houston. It was cold and a little rubbery. Also, one night on our second cruise, crab legs were offered as an appetizer, but I am allergic and did not order them.

Good luck and have fun,
Jennifer

H and A August 21st, 2005 01:58 PM

just got back from cruising on carnival and had the lobster. Was actually very good. It wa broiled and done just perfecly. Still very tender, not rubbery at all.

okiemom August 21st, 2005 10:19 PM

My hubby always gets the Lobster on the formal evenings. Last cruise he ended up eating 4 lobster tails. I don't like lobster but he said they were great. Order as many as you care to eat! Have fun and happy eating!!!

Sunlover August 24th, 2005 02:14 PM

Can't wait, lobster is my favorite and probably be excellent on the Liberty!!!
192 Days till I sail!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CarolynR August 24th, 2005 02:45 PM

The lobster they serve is warm water lobster, Maine lobster is cold water lobster, much sweeter, have big claws. If you love Maine lobster you will be disappointed in the lobster served on the cruise ships. The fact that they broil it just overcooks it and dries it out.

chill993 November 6th, 2005 07:58 AM

Does anyone know if lobster is served on the Fascination's 3-day bahamas cruise?
TIA! :o

kcruise November 12th, 2005 06:12 AM

Crab legs are served on cruises that are eight days or longer. They are already cracked opened.

MHenigan January 20th, 2006 03:35 PM

Lobster on the Mariner of the Seas?

Was just wondering ig Lobster was offered at all on the dinner menu on the MOTS?

If not, do they offer it in the speciality restaurants?

Thanks~!

arwenmark January 24th, 2006 10:27 AM

Every cruise I have been on offers lobster at least one night, or at least what they call lobster, as a New Englander Lobster is MAINE lobster and those on cruise ships are almost always Southern, clawless lobster, not the same by a long short but passable.