Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Cruise Cuisine
Register Forgot Password?

Cruise Cuisine Recipes or cruise food and drinks

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 14th, 2006, 09:05 PM
First Mate

Default Holland America-Room Service Info

Good Evening:

We're scheduled to sail on HAL. 1st time.

What can we expect relative to food availability in our stateroom on HAL?

We're booked on a 10 night cruise, and might want to really relax at least one night in our room....not unusual for us.

We couldn't get a handle on the extent of the room service menu via their website. Maybe we didn't look hard enough.

Unlikely we'll starve.....just wondering, what's in the "offing" if we choose not to venture out of our room one night.

Marty
Sponsored Links
Old May 26th, 2006, 01:37 PM
Yeoman

Expect it all We were on Holland (my favorite) 3 years ago and we had a Deluxe Verandah Suite.......it was glorious. We also went on the 10 day and had room service 2 nights. We could order right off the regular dining room menu. It came to our room hot and was great. We also had breakfast served on our balcony every morning. It was delicious. Go for it......what a treat. Have a great time. I can't wait to cruise with them again.
Old June 3rd, 2006, 08:53 PM
Captain

Default Re: Holland America-Room Service Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty
What can we expect relative to food availability in our stateroom on HAL?
I haven't been on HAL for a couple years, but one thing I remember is you could order hot breakfast -- eggs, bacon, etc. -- from room service. That is unusual. Other than that, the room service menus were pretty standard, with the dining room menu available during dining room hours.

Cheers, Aidan
Old June 5th, 2006, 04:05 PM
Yeoman

Although I have never ordered room service for dinner on HAL, I think I remember hearing that you can only order from the dining room menu [for room service] during certain times.
I recall reading somewhere that there is about an hour, during which you can order room service and choose from the dining room menu. After that, it reverts to the regular room service menu.

On our cruises, my husband orders breakfast from room service every day. I am an early riser, so I go up to the Lido to get my fresh-squeezed OJ, croissant, etc.

Room service is wonderful -- I just can't seem to stay in my cabin long enough to get it!
Old June 6th, 2006, 09:09 AM
Yeoman

Fruitcake.........you are absolutely right about the dinner menu.

I absolutely love having breakfast every morning on our balcony. Nothing like pulling into port while having my breakfast. and watching all the hustle and bustle going on down at the pier.
Old September 27th, 2006, 04:36 PM
First Mate

I also appreciate the fact that on HAL you can write in breakfast items on the hang card if they are not already listed. If it is something that HAL normally serves for breakfast then you most likely will get it.

Breakfast on the verandah is worth the cost of the cruise!