CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Cruise Cuisine (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/cruise-cuisine/)
-   -   Favorite drink and on What Ship (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/cruise-cuisine/314671-favorite-drink-what-ship.html)

criscomia May 26th, 2006 01:32 PM

Favorite drink and on What Ship

What is your favorite drink and on what ship? Mine is Chocolate Martini on the Summitt. Yummy!!!!!! :D

Pednurse June 1st, 2006 12:09 PM

Favorite Drink

Mine is Kiss on the Lips. I have had it on the Holiday and Sensation. It is a mango and peach frozen drink.

criscomia June 5th, 2006 10:12 AM

Sounds yummy......I'll have to order one of those.

Mike M June 5th, 2006 11:59 AM

I'm usually not into Fu Fu's but the Sea Breeze on Island Princess was quite tasty. Otherwise it's a Beefeater Martini with three olives. When you get true cocktail olives it's wonderful. :)

On Statendam, in the Ocean Bar, Nino made sure I had cocktail olives in my Martini.

Take care,
Mike

Fruitcake June 5th, 2006 04:00 PM

Mojitos on any HAL ship.

criscomia June 6th, 2006 09:05 AM

Sounds interesting......what is a Mojitos made with?

Fern June 6th, 2006 08:10 PM

I hate to be boring, but my favorite is a frozen Margarita, on ANY ship!

Fruitcake June 7th, 2006 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by criscomia
Sounds interesting......what is a Mojitos made with?

I have never tried making one at home!
But I found this one recipe online:
21â?„2 oz. light rum
1 lime
1 tbsp. simple syrup
mint leaves (8 or so sprigs worth)
ice
club soda
tall glass
spoon, or some other utensil that can be used to mash the mint leaves

Make simple syrup: Heat equal parts sugar and water in a saucepan until just before boiling and stir until the sugar has completely dissolved. Make up a big batch – say a cup of sugar and a cup of water – than toss it in the fridge … it’ll easily keep for a couple of weeks, during which time you’ll be able to whip up mojitos at a moment’s notice, to the delight of your very fortunate friends.

Place the mint leaves and 1 tbsp. of the simple syrup (cooled) in the glass, then squish it all around with a spoon (or whatever appropriate utensil you can find) for 20-30 seconds, until you can smell that good minty smell.

Cut the lime in half. Squeeze the juice out from both halves into the glass, then drop one half into the glass.

Pour in the rum and stir.

Add plenty of ice, then top off the mixture with club soda. Garnish with a sprig of mint and enjoy!

They call it the "Cuban cousin" of the mint julep.

dina June 8th, 2006 08:13 AM

I had a Mojito for the first time at Emeril's NOLA in New Orleans. I've been hooked ever since. I asked for one on the Destiny and had to explain to the bartender how to make it. It still turned out great. :D

criscomia June 8th, 2006 08:38 AM

Fruitcake........now that's a receipe. Thanks for sending it. I'm going to have to try and make it........when I go to make it, I'll have to make about a gallon of it......that should cut down the preparation time some LOL

Lola June 10th, 2006 06:09 PM

Quote:

Fruitcake........now that's a receipe. Thanks for sending it. I'm going to have to try and make it........when I go to make it, I'll have to make about a gallon of it......that should cut down the preparation time some LOL

Can I come over to your house? LOL LOL

criscomia June 12th, 2006 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lola
Quote:

Can I come over to your house? LOL LOL

Absolutely........ LOL

satchiesmom June 23rd, 2006 02:50 PM

Fruitcake,
Doesn't HAL make the best Mojito's ever? I can't wait to have one (or more LOL ) when we get back aboard a HAL ship in January.

rosetattoo June 30th, 2006 05:11 PM

Ketel One dirty martini with extra olives on any RCI ship.

Pednurse August 1st, 2006 11:20 PM

Just returned from the Holiday. On the drink menu at the bar a Kiss on the Lips is called a Mango Dacquai. So good!

gambitscuba August 1st, 2006 11:37 PM

Virgin Margarita on the Rocks... on ANY RCCL ship... for some odd reason... the Celebrity ones don't taste the same... i think it's because they use a different mix...

wiscguy2 August 1st, 2006 11:56 PM

Mango Tango ... during the day when I am up on the pool deck....

Last great drink I had was called Shut the F*** Up... it was a special mix by the bartender ... don't ask me what was in it... but it was the best drink I have had in a long time... I know it had 6 different kinds of booze in it... and OJ and pineapple juice.... I tried to watch him make the next round... but everything became a blur..... I wonder why????

criscomia August 2nd, 2006 10:24 AM

After reading about all these fantastic drink favorites, I'm going to need the Betty Ford Clinic when I return from my next cruise. LOL

shofer January 31st, 2007 05:17 PM

BBC. Bailey's Banana Colada. Had it on Grandeur for the first time then on the Summit. Like drinking a Banana milkshake. Very addictive.

mehawk February 24th, 2007 08:09 PM

Any rum drink and any vodka martini straight up! On any cruise! LOL

As You Wish February 28th, 2007 09:08 PM

I have to go with Carnival's dirty banana. It is a delicious frozen drink that tastes like a chocolate covered banana with a kick. Yum!

Cajungirl April 3rd, 2007 03:29 PM

Kiss Me On The Lips was Awsome ------ :D :D :D

lauriloo April 3rd, 2007 05:36 PM

I usually get Carnival's Miami Vice which, I think, is half Strawberry Daiquiri and half Pina Colada.

subtropic April 4th, 2007 12:34 AM

Ditto for Miami Vice on Carnival. Also Bahama Mama on Princess.

Robert6260 April 5th, 2007 08:58 PM

Grey Goose Vodka Martini at the Wine and Martini bar on the Carnival Glory.

dottiel April 7th, 2007 08:45 PM

The Goombay Smash hands down! What a happy little smile maker :wink:

Met this little buddy on the Spirit and then again on the Conquest. Actually went looking for him once we boarded the Conquest!!!!

Scale ingredients to servings
1 oz light rum
1 oz dark rum
1 oz coconut rum
4 oz pineapple juice

Fill a tall glass with ice, add all ingredients and shake well

MsShel330 May 7th, 2007 10:55 PM

I've only been on one cruise so far but I loved the Fun Ship on the Fascination last year. So good! The Kiss on the Lips sounds yummy.
I'm thinking of buying the recipe books this time around.

satchiesmom August 2nd, 2007 04:18 PM

I agree with Fruitcake, the Mojitos on any HAL ship, they are the best we have had anywhere.

microshell September 11th, 2007 06:57 AM

I love egg nog with rum. However, for some reason during the winter months, i always crave white russians (made with Stolichnaya vodka, Kahlua coffee liquer, and Half and Half)

dottiel September 11th, 2007 08:24 AM

Goombay Smash!!!!