Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Cruise Cuisine
Register Forgot Password?

Cruise Cuisine Recipes or cruise food and drinks

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 10th, 2007, 09:31 AM
Beginner

Default Taking Liquor

Sorry have another question. How strict is the policy on bringing(smuggling) liquor on board. like mini bottles, or even bottled water. there is about 10 of us going in March on Enchament of the seas. Going to Ochio Rios and Grand Cayman. We all have a ton of questions, so if anyone has any advice\infomation please load me up with all the information everyone has thanks so much

Jessica
Sponsored Links
Old January 10th, 2007, 10:12 AM
First Mate

Jessica, it is kind of like saying; "How strict are the highway patrol officers regarding speeding."
Not strict at all, until you get caught.
There are always folks asking this particular question. Truth is, most people who "smuggle" get away with it. You might be the one that does not. If you get caught, they will remove it from you and you may get it back upon your return. I am not aware of any more severe penalty.
Be safe, enjoy your cruise, ask all the questions you want. You are in the right place for solid answers.
Jeff
Old January 10th, 2007, 11:19 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Smuggle Tip

I'm a big fan of the plastic soda bottle in the checked baggage. I've never had it fail yet. I'd go with a zip-lock type bage around the whole sha-bang as an insurance policy.

I'm sure the cruise line would be none too pleased to find such an item, but I don't believe they x-ray checked bags for such things. I've never had any trouble.

Bottoms up!!
Old January 10th, 2007, 11:27 AM
Cruise Maniac

I amost forgot. If you pick any libations up on shore just be sure to transfer it to an innocuous looking water bottle-then tuck it in your shopping bag before reboarding the ship. If they x-ray bags then (which HAL does, anyway) it'll just appear to be a bottle of agua and should arrouse no suspicion. Everybody has a bottle of water with them.

Hope you have a great time!
Old January 10th, 2007, 02:29 PM
Passenger

I agree, my wife and I just got off the ship on Sunday and our schtick was to buy alcohol in port at each stop and put it into a water bottle in the shore bag before getting back on the ship each day. Never even worried about it and got off the ship with only a $40 drink related bill.

have fun.
Old January 10th, 2007, 02:33 PM
Cruise Maniac

As far as bottled water, bring all you want. You can pack it in a suitcase or just put a luggage tag on a case and check with the porters. OR, just carry it if you want - on our last trip, a whole case of bottled water came through the x-ray machine right after my stuff - the security people didn't bat an eye.
Old January 10th, 2007, 08:43 PM
Beginner

thank you all for your input!! you've helped me a lot..
Old July 18th, 2007, 07:47 PM
Passenger

how do you smuggle beer?