Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Cruise Cuisine
Register Forgot Password?

Cruise Cuisine Recipes or cruise food and drinks

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 23rd, 2007, 11:58 AM
Passenger

Default Menu for kids

Do they have a childrens menu on Mariner of the Seas
Sponsored Links
Old May 24th, 2007, 04:00 PM
Cruise Maniac

Yes - it has the usual kids' stuff - burgers, hot dogs, cheese sticks, mac & cheese, chicken fingers - outstanding chicken noodle soup. Kids can order from that menu OR the adult menu OR some items from each as they wish. BTW, the soup was really good, so feel free to order some yourself. If there is something you want but do not see (DIL likes to serve lots of veggies and asked for steamed broccoli - it appeared every night), just ask - they will do their best to accommodate.
Old August 17th, 2007, 10:47 PM
Passenger

Does anyone know where they DON'T have a children's menu? We can get my granddaughter to order interesting, nutritional food- UNLESS she sees the children's menu. Then we can't get her past the mac n'cheese and chicken tenders. Why can't anyone put more interesting things on the kids menu?
Old August 20th, 2007, 03:06 PM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsyfish
Does anyone know where they DON'T have a children's menu? We can get my granddaughter to order interesting, nutritional food- UNLESS she sees the children's menu. Then we can't get her past the mac n'cheese and chicken tenders. Why can't anyone put more interesting things on the kids menu?
Well, it's not like they HAVE to use the kids' menu - just tell your waiter to give her only the regular menu. Some kids are pretty picky, so that's why they offer the same "standbys" on the kids' menu - but there is no reason they need to be limited to that.
Old August 20th, 2007, 06:28 PM
Passenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsyfish
That’s a great practice and I commend you on it. (im not getting on anyone else just commending her) Getting kids to try new foods is hard but worthwhile endeavor in my opinion. You open them up to a lot of new ideas and cultures. Sadly the adult menu is often many times healthier than the child’s menu. (It seems like it should be the opposite) I am amazed that "kids" menus always included fattening greasy fried foods or things loaded in preservatives and sugar. Building better eating skills as a child will help you throughout your life.