Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Cruise Cuisine
Register Forgot Password?

Cruise Cuisine Recipes or cruise food and drinks

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 28th, 2008, 02:26 PM
Beginner

Default Princess Cruise Lines restaurants

My husband and I cruised with Princess 3 years ago and one of the things we really liked was being able to order chicken,steak or salmon if we preferred that instead of the featured entrees on any given night. We have not been able to do that on NCL or Royal Caribbean and are wondering if Princess still offers this option at dinner? We really missed having all the salmon we wanted while in Alaska earlier this month. If you have been on Princess recently , and were able to do this, we sure would like to hear from you.
Sponsored Links
Old May 31st, 2008, 10:14 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Default Re: Princess Cruise Lines restaurants

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishgrandma
My husband and I cruised with Princess 3 years ago and one of the things we really liked was being able to order chicken,steak or salmon if we preferred that instead of the featured entrees on any given night. We have not been able to do that on NCL or Royal Caribbean and are wondering if Princess still offers this option at dinner? We really missed having all the salmon we wanted while in Alaska earlier this month. If you have been on Princess recently , and were able to do this, we sure would like to hear from you.
Princess still has the "Always Available" menu options on the dinner menu. These include steak and salmon.

I do find it interesting that you weren't able to find these in the main dining rooms on NCL. We just got off the Norwegian Jewel and these items were also available in their main dining rooms. (Tsar's and Azure)

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old September 9th, 2008, 09:19 AM
Passenger

DW and I were just on the RCL Liberty OTS this past July and they do have steak or chicken as an always available item at dinner each night. I frankly don't remember if there was a fish dish as well, but I am certain if the other two.
RCCL C & A Platinum Members

10 total cruises on Carnival, Princess & RCCL
Next Cruise:
2009 - Undetermined yet, but looking
2010 - April 17 - Oasis OTS
2011 - Asia - THE 14 Day Big One...
Old January 10th, 2009, 10:16 AM
Passenger

I have found that Princess has the best food in general. Even their buffets are great.
Old February 17th, 2009, 12:15 AM
Familiar Face

I am so glad to hear that. We are going on our first cruise on Princess in April. I can' wait to taste all the goodies they have too offer.
Old February 17th, 2009, 04:40 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Princess Cruise Lines restaurants

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishgrandma
My husband and I cruised with Princess 3 years ago and one of the things we really liked was being able to order chicken,steak or salmon if we preferred that instead of the featured entrees on any given night. We have not been able to do that on NCL or Royal Caribbean .
We've sailed on Royal a number of times and they have ALWAYS had steak/salmon/chicken available as alternate items on the dinner menu.