CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Cruise Cuisine (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/cruise-cuisine/)
-   -   Picky Eater (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/cruise-cuisine/362103-picky-eater.html)

Minnie March 5th, 2009 09:37 PM

Picky Eater

We have booked our first ever cruise in June on Carnival Freedom. My husband is a picky eater and I'm worried that he'll not be happy with the dining choices. Mostly he eats hamburgers, hotdogs, pizza (if there are no chunks of tomato in the sauce), breaded deep-fried shrimp, and ham. Will he be able to find food to his liking on our cruise?

sparks23 March 5th, 2009 10:34 PM

they have hamburgers and hotdogs and pizza at the buffet usually , they usually have like a steak entree in the dining room, but in the dining room he can always ask for a burger and they will get it for him :)

kerenegade March 6th, 2009 10:14 AM

Hs should be fine--these items are readily available most all day
Pizza can be gotten almost 24 -7 plus it can be ordered as room service
enjoy!
Kathy

colorcrazie March 6th, 2009 01:17 PM

I understand your concern, as my hubby was the pickiest eater I had ever met when we first got married. Cruises actually made a huge difference. He could order what he wanted and then he would see and smell all the other things people were eating and eventually started trying things. Since there is no extra charge, he now orders one thing he knows he will like, usually a steak, which you can get by asking, and also orders something he thinks he might like. May have saved our marriage. At the very least, it saved my sanity! Also, knowing that he could go up to the buffet and grab a burger or pizza if dinner didn't suit him made him more relaxed about trying things.
Marty

Minnie March 6th, 2009 09:17 PM

Thank you so much for the replies! I was afraid we would have to split up for dinner every night or I would be limited to pizza but it sounds like we can eat together in the dining room at least sometimes.

luvmytigs January 16th, 2011 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Minnie (Post 1197559)
We have booked our first ever cruise in June on Carnival Freedom. My husband is a picky eater and I'm worried that he'll not be happy with the dining choices. Mostly he eats hamburgers, hotdogs, pizza (if there are no chunks of tomato in the sauce), breaded deep-fried shrimp, and ham. Will he be able to find food to his liking on our cruise?

Carnival Pizza is pretty decent...better than some other lines and available all of the time. I have never seen ham (as in what we eat in the US) on any cruise line. Carnival makes some excellent spare ribs though...talk to your waiter about getting these more often if you eat in the dining room.

johnthed0g January 16th, 2011 08:24 AM

I would send him for a medical!!

ruthlessboss January 16th, 2011 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnthed0g (Post 1342944)

Must be a U.K. saying, not quite sure the meaning.

I have a picky eater on my in-law side.............drives me nuts!! :!:

Kamloops Cruiser January 16th, 2011 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Minnie (Post 1197559)

You can get all the above from 11:30am to about 9:00pm . On most ships:cool:

johnthed0g January 16th, 2011 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ruthlessboss (Post 1343091)
Must be a U.K. saying, not quite sure the meaning.

:!:

Well if his diet consists of pizza, hot dogs, hamburgers & deep fried stuff it doesn't take a great deal of translation!

anniegb January 16th, 2011 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnthed0g (Post 1342944)

I have just laughed out loud again :D

I am a picky eater too but I have various food allergies incl nuts, all shellfish etc - which can be tough going in the US but somehow I more than survive.

Annie

johnthed0g January 16th, 2011 06:15 PM

One GREAT thing about a cruise to me is you can try things to eat you would normally never try 'cos it's free! Our waiters this time told us if you order something & don't like it just ask for something else, normally we would only do this if the food was wrong & maybe not even then, I try not to antagonise people who serve me food.
I think I have a better diet on a cruise than at home in some respects, try to have a healthy breakfast at least, only have lunch ashore, local stuff. It's dinner & the drink that do me in!

anniegb January 16th, 2011 06:45 PM

JTD

I am sure I eat healthier as well - less snacking but for medical reaons I follow the old adage:

Breakfast like a King/Queen
Lunch like a Lord/Lady
Dine like a pauper

At dinner I never eat more than 2 courses which is often remarked upon.

The silver lining is that I ALWAYS lose weight on a cruise - maybe only 1 or 2 lbs but enough!

I will not comment upon my alcohol consumption however.

Annie:)