Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Cruise Cuisine
Register Forgot Password?

Cruise Cuisine Recipes or cruise food and drinks

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 1st, 2009, 08:48 AM
Admiral

Default CHEF'S TABLE ON PRINCESS

Can someone tellme about the Chef's Table on Princess and are the menus the same on each ship and is it worth the $75.00 per person.. and is there tipping.. and what does that include?[/b]
Sponsored Links
Old April 12th, 2009, 06:04 PM
Cruise Maniac

I haven't participated in this as I am somewhat of a picky eater but have read a lot about it.

The menus do change and are at the chef's discretion but they should let you know what it will be. Wine is included as well as a tour of the galley.

Those that have done it said it was well worth it because you get the tour of the galley by the head chef as well as other dining staff. They usually will give you champagne and prepare several appetizers for you. From there you will go to your table which is nicely decorated with flowers and candles. You are then served a very large meal of several courses (better eat a light lunch). I remember someone said it was about 15 courses after all the appetizers, main courses, and desserts. Also included is champagne and red/white wine and a dessert wine. They also take pictures (group and individual) and give you a cook book. I haven't met anyone that said it wasn't worth it or that they didn't like it.

If you are a foodie, you will most likely love it. I really would like to do it, but from the menu's I've seen, it just wouldn't interest me unfortunately.
Old April 24th, 2009, 10:38 PM
Admiral

Default Chefs Table

Just returned from the PP and did not do the Table. The food in the dining room was in fact mostly incredible..there is a Swss Chef... Watch for reviews..
Old July 7th, 2009, 08:47 PM
Passenger

We did the chefs table in march and it was wonderful

it was appitozers in the kitchen withh champagne
a salad dish
sorbet to clean the pallet
main course
cheese
dessert

wine with everycourse
it took about 3 hours.
you need to reserve first thing its only 10 people per cruise
but well worth it esp if you are foodie.( i want the kitchen on board)(

you get a picture of the group plus a cook book signed by the head chef.
ours included a copy of the menu he prepared for us. the ladies got roses as well.
one word of caution. if you have food allergies they may not let you participate. ( I have a tomatoe allergy, its not bad, i can pick them out and they let me take part)
Old August 8th, 2009, 03:31 PM
Passenger

is that 75 each person or per coiple How do you find out the menu and reserve aspot
Old August 8th, 2009, 04:48 PM
Passenger

it's $75 per person.
call when you get on board, they will call you for an interview,
they base the menu on the group thay have.
if you have any food allergies thay may or may not let you participate. ( I have a tomato allergy and I was allowed, i can eat around the tomatoes, just no sauce or salsa stuff like that)
you find out the menu that night.