Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Cruise Cuisine
Register Forgot Password?

Cruise Cuisine Recipes or cruise food and drinks

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 4th, 2009, 03:01 PM
Passenger

Default coffee pot question?

May I bring a small coffee pot and coffee on board? I see that coffee like soda is at a cost and I like my coffee handy and plentiful :-)

Tina
Sponsored Links
Old September 4th, 2009, 03:16 PM
Admiral

Tina,
It is only specialty coffees that you have to pay for. And even those are free in the dining room at dinner....on Carnival, anyway. Every cruise line I have ever been on has free coffee and tea in the buffet area on the Lido deck 24/7. You can also order room service coffee.
Marty
Old September 4th, 2009, 03:23 PM
Passenger

ty marty... I am sailing emerald princess and I just kept seeing postings about pre buying coffee cards.. 15 cups for the price of 12...
Old September 4th, 2009, 03:42 PM
Admiral

Maybe someone who has sailed Princess recently can answer for certain, but I'm pretty sure those are only for the specialty coffees.
Marty
Old October 23rd, 2009, 02:17 AM
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by colorcrazie
Maybe someone who has sailed Princess recently can answer for certain, but I'm pretty sure those are only for the specialty coffees.
Marty
I was looking for that information too. So I called Princess. Here is the information I got from Princess:

Coffee Card is a punch card. you get 15 specialty coffee drinks for
$24.00 = 15% gratuity ? $.86= $24.86

*** Here is what another cruisemate member told me:
I have been on two Princess cruises this year, The purchase of coffee cards is the only way to go.

You can use the same card for every cruise, as long as you don't fill up all 15 punches on your card.
You get unlimited fresh brewed coffee and some of the best teas I have ever tasted.

The international Cafe is the location to get TO GO cups.

Hope it helps.

Carol
7- Sapphire Princess
6-Golden Princess
5-Carnival Paradise
4-Royal Caribbean-Monarch of the Seas
3-Carnival Glory
2-Carnival Spirit-Richard Simmons Cruise to Lose
1-Carnival Inspiration - Richard Simmons Cruise to Lose
Old October 23rd, 2009, 02:17 AM
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by colorcrazie
Marty
I was looking for that information too. So I called Princess. Here is the information I got from Princess:

Coffee Card is a punch card. you get 15 specialty coffee drinks for
$24.00 = 15% gratuity ? $.86= $24.86

*** Here is what another cruisemate member told me:
I have been on two Princess cruises this year, The purchase of coffee cards is the only way to go.

You can use the same card for every cruise, as long as you don't fill up all 15 punches on your card.
You get unlimited fresh brewed coffee and some of the best teas I have ever tasted.

The international Cafe is the location to get TO GO cups.

Hope it helps.

Carol
7- Sapphire Princess
6-Golden Princess
5-Carnival Paradise
4-Royal Caribbean-Monarch of the Seas
3-Carnival Glory
2-Carnival Spirit-Richard Simmons Cruise to Lose
1-Carnival Inspiration - Richard Simmons Cruise to Lose
Old October 23rd, 2009, 09:36 AM
Passenger

Thank you for taking the time to answer.... So I can get regular coffee free, where it's offered, but the coffee card is for specialty coffees. I like good ole regular coffee, no flavors for me. So looks like I am set :-)
Old December 28th, 2009, 01:11 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

You can absolutely get free coffee delivered to your room by room service whenever you want it. No charge at all.

For breakfast you will have breakfast cards to hang on your door each night to tell them what time you want your coffee delivered in the morning.

The coffee cards are for special "Starbucks-style" coffees; mochas, espressos, lattes. etc. That is if you want that kind of coffee every day, which I suppose some people do.

I am the opposite - coffee is just caffeine to me. The most important thing is that I get it when I want it. I used to care more about the tastes of different coffees, but now not so much.

Cartain appliances should not be taken on cruise ships - ones that can start a fire. This includes clothing irons, water heating devices and generally anything that gets hot enough to ignite a piece of paper. I am surprised they allow curling irons on ships, actually.

Old January 12th, 2010, 05:38 PM
First Mate

I'm very picky about me coffee too and this is always a concern when traveling. I definitely didn't want to pay for specialty coffee. Like you, I prefer plain. The Fantasy had fantastic (free) coffee. I was suprised and relieved. Having a fresh pot every AM for a wake-up call was one of my favorite parts of the new cruise experience.
Old January 13th, 2010, 09:30 AM
Familiar Face

I can see why the cruise line doesn't want coffee makers brought on the ship. They could start a fire and I bet they take a lot of electricity. My friend said that they had a coffee pot on a Norwegian Cruises cruise. Is it true that Norwegian has coffee pots?

I'm the opposite as the other people. I love a latte with Amaretto. On my last Carnival cruise on the Carnival Pride they had a specialty coffee stand in the buffet area. It was really good and I made use of it every morning.

My motto is: "If it tastes good, eat it." I think there is a guy on the travel channel who said it first.

BB
Old January 14th, 2010, 12:10 PM
Captain

Smile coffee pot

We sailed on RC last fall and had a Jr Suite. They gave us a coffee pot in our room.

05/01/10 Sapphire Princess
09/14/09 Enchantment of the Seas
10/19/08 Crown Princess
03/04/04 Majesty of the Seas
Old January 17th, 2010, 09:55 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginger8910 View Post
May I bring a small coffee pot and coffee on board? I see that coffee like soda is at a cost and I like my coffee handy and plentiful :-)

Tina
On Princess , Royal Caribbean and Holland America coffee is available free
all day somewhere.

Ships Sailed:

SS Ithaca , Volendam , Mariner of the Seas (x2) , Veendam , Coral Princess , Island Princess (x3) , Emerald Princess,Sapphire Sapphire (x3),Diamond Princess
Old March 28th, 2010, 03:19 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by BettyBooper View Post
I can see why the cruise line doesn't want coffee makers brought on the ship. They could start a fire and I bet they take a lot of electricity. My friend said that they had a coffee pot on a Norwegian Cruises cruise. Is it true that Norwegian has coffee pots?

I'm the opposite as the other people. I love a latte with Amaretto. On my last Carnival cruise on the Carnival Pride they had a specialty coffee stand in the buffet area. It was really good and I made use of it every morning.

My motto is: "If it tastes good, eat it." I think there is a guy on the travel channel who said it first.

BB
Yes, but when we were on the Pearl, there was a free cappuccino machine in the lido restaurant, so we only used ours once. I understand though, no more free cappuccino machines in the lido restaurants now.

I have now achieved-
ONE HUNDRED DAYS ON A CRUISE SHIP!!!!!!!!!!
139 days total

Booked: Celebrity Constellation November 24, 2014