Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Cruise Cuisine
Register Forgot Password?

Cruise Cuisine Recipes or cruise food and drinks

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 14th, 2010, 12:47 AM
Beginner

Default Princess Traditional dining question

We are sailing on the Golden Princess to Alaska in July. We selected Traditional dining and have the early seating (5:30). We probably will miss this seating on port days.

Can we dine in the Anytime dining rooms on those days? We know that we have the option of the Horizon Court or room service but aren't sure if we can use the other Anytime dining rooms.

Do we need to tell the dining staff if we are not going to be in the dining room that night?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Sponsored Links
Old June 14th, 2010, 05:22 AM
Admiral

Can't actually help specifically except for yes ,if you are unable to go to dinner at the allotted time you must tell the restaurant concerned as they may hold service up to the table. Just interested, did you actually choose to dine that early? if not you may be able to change, no offence, but you do realise you will be getting ready at about 4pm & this will really impose on your day?
Old June 14th, 2010, 02:43 PM
Admiral

Wow that does seem really early, are you certain it is 5:30.

Whenever we've been on Anytime dining the restaurant have asked to check out stateroom number to ensure that we are in the correct dining room.

Your only real choice is to go straight to the restuarant on day 1 & see if you can change to Anytime for the entire cruise, possibly not ideal for you, but as John has said, a 5:30 sitting will really impose on your day & the sailaways.

Bon Voyage,

Alan & Katrina

History :
Golden, Grand(2), Caribbean, Sea(4+1 aborted)
Adonia(4+2), Arcadia, Artemis(2), Aurora(5), Azura(2), Oceana(3), Oriana(11), Ventura(2), Victoria(5)
QM2(2), QE2(9), QV(5), QE, Caronia(2), Minerva II, Fred.Olsen(8), NCL Jade, =X= Eclipse, HAL Ryndam, Aza.Journey
Old June 14th, 2010, 03:14 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via Skype™ to sergej

>>Can we dine in the Anytime dining rooms on those days?

Yes, you can dine in anytime dining any time day or night.

at any day . on "those days " of course too.

I don't think you Must tell something somebody. but maybe it could be nice to
do it.
Old June 14th, 2010, 04:25 PM
Admiral

Well.....Not an expert on this line but on other lines you are either on "anytime dining'' or you are not. Whether you think you "must" advise the restaurant if you are not going to turn up depends how important you think it is.....The 5-30pm dining thing is a new idea I think I heard somewhere.
Old June 14th, 2010, 08:43 PM
Admiral

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXMimi View Post
We are sailing on the Golden Princess to Alaska in July. We selected Traditional dining and have the early seating (5:30). We probably will miss this seating on port days.

Can we dine in the Anytime dining rooms on those days? We know that we have the option of the Horizon Court or room service but aren't sure if we can use the other Anytime dining rooms.

Do we need to tell the dining staff if we are not going to be in the dining room that night?

Thanks in advance for your help.
One formal nights they check that you are in the proper dining room.

When we did Alaska in may 10 they where checking the room keys

on certain nights .

Ships Sailed:

SS Ithaca , Volendam , Mariner of the Seas (x2) , Veendam , Coral Princess , Island Princess (x3) , Emerald Princess,Sapphire Sapphire (x3),Diamond Princess
Old June 16th, 2010, 05:54 PM
Beginner

No we did not choose that time. We were very surprised at the 5:30 time! We were able to make 2 selections: the type of dining-(we chose Traditional dining) and the preferred size of our table (we chose medium/6 people) then we were assigned the 5:30 time. We have now been in touch with Princess and are trying to change to either the 8:00 pm Traditional dining or the Anytime dining. Even if we can't change we have vowed to not let anything "spoil" our Alaskan cruise!!! We'll just go with the flow!!
These message boards have been sooo helpful. Thanks again!
Old June 16th, 2010, 06:33 PM
Admiral

Well I'm glad I asked, I bet you can change it....I am NOT a fan of the early dinner, that's what we call ''tea time'' over here. Get your TA to ask, if you don't have one get onto the cruise line, if that fails join the queue to change when you board, I will be surprised if you can't.
Old June 17th, 2010, 07:51 AM
Admiral

Good luck with the change Mimi, and I love your attitude - it's dead right "Nothing is going to spoil the cruise" :o)

Have a fantastic time & keep that camera loaded.

Alan & Katrina

History :
Golden, Grand(2), Caribbean, Sea(4+1 aborted)
Adonia(4+2), Arcadia, Artemis(2), Aurora(5), Azura(2), Oceana(3), Oriana(11), Ventura(2), Victoria(5)
QM2(2), QE2(9), QV(5), QE, Caronia(2), Minerva II, Fred.Olsen(8), NCL Jade, =X= Eclipse, HAL Ryndam, Aza.Journey
Old June 17th, 2010, 06:17 PM
First Mate

Change your dining preference as soon as you can if you prefer anytime dining. If it can't be done before your cruise, you can do it ONLY on the first day of your cruise.

I always choose Anytime because of different port schedules or shows I want to see. Last week while on the Caribbean Princess, I watched people at the Anytime restaurant being turned away because they were scheduled for Traditional, and, another party was turned away for not being properly dressed (shorts).

Sweet Sailing