Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Cruise Cuisine
Register Forgot Password?

Cruise Cuisine Recipes or cruise food and drinks

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 7th, 2011, 01:48 PM
Admiral

Default Dining while cruising

Do you have medical limitations ?If so ,do you tend to adhere to eating properly while cruising or do you eat whatever you desire ?

I am supposed to eat gluten free and avoid foods that would cause my current kind of high cholesterol level to rise but when I am on a cruise I tend to forget about what I should be eating .
Sponsored Links
Old December 7th, 2011, 02:04 PM
Admiral

Apparently if you are undergoing various types of chemotherapy to kill off your immune system you are not supposed to eat raw produce or items likely to carry germs.

Well my oncologist didn't specifically tell me NOT to each salads, cheeses, including blue, yoghurts, salmon, sushi. ice-cream etc. Oh well I'm not the expert, how was I to know

btw, and I'm sure Henry will agree, everything tastes so much better when you know you shouldn't be eating it

Alan.

History :
Golden, Grand(2), Caribbean, Sea(4+1 aborted)
Adonia(4+2), Arcadia, Artemis(2), Aurora(5), Azura(2), Oceana(3), Oriana(11), Ventura(2), Victoria(5)
QM2(2), QE2(9), QV(5), QE, Caronia(2), Minerva II, Fred.Olsen(8), NCL Jade, =X= Eclipse, HAL Ryndam
Old December 7th, 2011, 02:35 PM
Admiral

Yes,I do agree .My friends who we are cruising with are in the same boat ,no pun intended .
Old December 14th, 2011, 03:36 PM
Admiral

I tend to accidentally forget about the rules of diet while on cruises. None of mine are immediately health threatening, like your friend on chemo, so...oops, those rules just fell overboard.
However, having been on restricted diet for so long, I've lost my taste for a lot of things, so I tend not to overdo it. Not discipline, just overly adjusted.
Marty
Old December 14th, 2011, 04:25 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Anyone who has cruised with me, know my feet/ankles swell to the size of Rhode Island. When I say this, I am not exagerating. Weight has nothing to do with my issue, as it happened when I was just a sprig of a thing too

The one time I asked a ship to provide a low salt diet, it went badly, and I realized there is nothing to be done, that I haven't tried, and, I have to just live with this fact. I dramatically changes everything. There is nothing I can avoid eating, that will change what it is...

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old December 14th, 2011, 11:46 PM
Captain

Send a message via AIM to fun2cruiz

No medical issues here that cause me to watch what I eat (other than how much !), but one would think that if you have a medical condition requiring you follow a specific dietary regiment, one would :

1. Notify the cruiseline or your TA of any special dietary needs :eek:
2. Adhere to the diet/type of food(s) recommended by your personal dr. for your specific condition and for your health and well being.

"January"
Blizzard Flavored Treat & Cake Of The Month
"Strawberry CheeseQuake"
Old December 15th, 2011, 02:51 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by fun2cruiz View Post
2. Adhere to the diet/type of food(s) recommended by your personal dr. for your specific condition and for your health and well being.
Surely that would depend on the type of condition you have.

I'm with my Dad on this one - I'd rather die living my life, than live my life waiting to die.
As long as you take sensible precautions ( I still pack very strong anti-biotics when travelling ) and change your ways or seek guidance at the first sign of anything out of the norm, then most conditions can be managed

Alan

History :
Golden, Grand(2), Caribbean, Sea(4+1 aborted)
Adonia(4+2), Arcadia, Artemis(2), Aurora(5), Azura(2), Oceana(3), Oriana(11), Ventura(2), Victoria(5)
QM2(2), QE2(9), QV(5), QE, Caronia(2), Minerva II, Fred.Olsen(8), NCL Jade, =X= Eclipse, HAL Ryndam
Old December 15th, 2011, 08:45 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Wouldn't life be easy, if we could just do, what we are supposed to do, all the time. Most of us know, that just doesnt happen, all the time.:eek: You can give instructions, and hopefully there will be a follow through, and you can try to not over indulge, too, too much. For some, it may work,and good for you if it does.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator