CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Cruise Cuisine (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/cruise-cuisine/)
-   -   Coffee (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/cruise-cuisine/386843-coffee.html)

KitKat3 January 2nd, 2012 07:40 PM

Coffee

How is the free coffee on Freedom of the seas?

Donna January 3rd, 2012 07:12 PM

The coffee is perfectly find on Freedom of the seas...While there are still specialty coffee's you can purchase, if you want a cup of coffee to start the day, you will be fine.

KitKat3 January 3rd, 2012 09:42 PM

Haha ok thank you, I was a little worried because I read a few bad reviews about RC coffee.

NevilleJ March 20th, 2012 07:16 PM

Which cruise line has the best coffee? Are there any that serve Blue Mountain coffee if one of the ports is in Jamaica? Or perhaps Kona coffee is it's a Hawaiian cruise?

ChadH May 20th, 2012 09:34 AM

Isn't RCL coffee Seattle's Best? It has been on the ones we were on (Navigator, Serenade). I'm guessing the Freedom is the same.

Mike M May 20th, 2012 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NevilleJ (Post 1421509)
Which cruise line has the best coffee? Are there any that serve Blue Mountain coffee if one of the ports is in Jamaica? Or perhaps Kona coffee is it's a Hawaiian cruise?

Neville:

I'm sorry to burst your dreams but the major cruise lines purchase everything, in bulk, from contracted vendors. They will not pick up special coffees in different ports. The smaller, luxury, cruise lines like Seabourn or Silversea may do this but you won't see this happening on Carnival, RCL or NCL. :-(

I personally go for the specialty coffees on most cruises. I really dislike Royal Caribbean's regular coffee but the stuff from the "coffee shop" is OK. Carnival's coffee is drinkable but their coffee shops are quite good.

On NCL they use Folgers, or they did two years ago. At least it was ground coffee and not a syrup.

Yes: I'm Mike and I'm a coffee snob. And yes: I usually pay extra for my coffee. :)

Take care,
Mike

Donna May 20th, 2012 06:44 PM

One of my favorites here at home is the Duncan Donuts coffee. They sell a really large bag at Costco :-) I think it beats Starbucks anyday of the week.

Fieldmouse May 21st, 2012 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChadH (Post 1429160)
Isn't RCL coffee Seattle's Best? It has been on the ones we were on (Navigator, Serenade). I'm guessing the Freedom is the same.

It was when we were on RCCL's Monarch of the Seas and the Radiance. It may not have been in regular dining, but it was in the Speciality coffee shop...

civilsid May 29th, 2012 12:56 AM

why is the coffee so bad???

Almost everything about cruising is awesome. The food is generally very good, even at the feed trough or buffet or whatever you want to call it.

But the coffee is somewhere between wretched and nearly acceptable.

This seems to be true on both NCL and Carnival.

The weird thing is that occasionally, I will get a good cup of coffee and then I wonder how it is so different. And when I say good, I mean mediocre OK coffee. Is the coffee in the dining rooms different than in the buffet areas?

I WANT GOOD COFFEE. DARN IT.

KDGodwin May 29th, 2012 01:56 AM

Do any of you know how the coffee is on Princess and what kind they use? I wouldn't say I'm a coffee snob, but If it tastes better you can put less junk in it to make it taste better... :)

buttons16 May 29th, 2012 09:20 AM

Coffee on most mass market lines including Celebrity is horrible...

I even found that Dunken Doughnuts coffee is'nt as good as it use to be...IMHO Starbucks has the best coffee except if your talking about the higher end coffee's that cost over $100 a lb.

Lakers Fan May 29th, 2012 11:30 AM

My alltime favorite coffee is from WaWa .