Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Cruise Cuisine
Register Forgot Password?

Cruise Cuisine Recipes or cruise food and drinks

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 16th, 2012, 06:41 AM
Captain

Default Seating Assignments

Good morning,

My question has to deal with seating assignments. Does anyone happen to know how seating assignments are distributed out for guests? On some cruises, I am seated with all past cruisers, with 50 cruises under their belts and on others, I am with all novices. How do the pairings match one guest with another? I'm sure this is a daunting task with My Time Dining and Speciality Restaurants but what is the cruise lines rational?

Thanks, just curious.
Inspiration -09/05
Mariner-05/06 & 10/09
Century-01/07
Crown-04/07
Liberty-11/07
Explorer-08/08
Insignia-11/08
Destiny-07/09
Oasis Inaugural Cruise-12/09
Monarch-03/10 & 07/10
Equinox-08/10
Freedom-02/2012
Mariner; RSS- 10/12
Jewel-12/12 b2b
Independence-12/13
Enchantment- 01/14

Legend of the Seas; 04/16/2014; Booked
Sponsored Links
Old September 16th, 2012, 12:12 PM
Admiral

A friend of mine who lives in Texas has told me that on all of his cruises with RCI he has been seated with people who either reside in Texas or nearby .

I've never been seated with people exclusively from NY or NJ .
Old September 16th, 2012, 01:16 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

I would say, when you sail from Texas, because of the states geography, the odds are overwhelming that you will be seated mosty by Texans, with a sprinking of surrounding states. Ease of driving there, also adds to the local popularity too. People from this region cruise I think, mostly for the ship,[1st time cruisers not included] since ships usually cruise only to the west, the majority of time. They jump on easyern ships with relish when ships come offering a change of pace. I found out cruising on the Conquest, flying there from Boston, was was a bit more problematic, due to scheduling of flights, and, having 2 airports.

East coast ports, have much more varied passenger lists.

I know there is a method, in the way the lines determine seating arrangements, but, I have never heard exactly how. In these days of my time, anytime, etc, I bet it's not so complicated anymore.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator