CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Cruise Cuisine (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/cruise-cuisine/)
-   -   Celebrity Equinox Dining room (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/cruise-cuisine/395440-celebrity-equinox-dining-room.html)

mustang sally April 6th, 2013 09:17 AM

Celebrity Equinox Dining room

Have a question please. Have only been on Carnival and Royal Caribbean.
My husband is trying to sway me to try Celebrity. Honesty, I am not a fancy food eater, and the menus I have looked at on that ship, while enticing to others, it is not to me.
My question is, on the other lines I have been on, if there was nothing on that day's menu that appealed to you, they had a standard steak, or pasta dish you could get every night if you wanted to. Do they offer that on the Equinox ?
I really would appreciate your answers. I am really stressing over this.
Thank you.

Mike M April 6th, 2013 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mustang sally (Post 1469400)
Have a question please. Have only been on Carnival and Royal Caribbean.
My husband is trying to sway me to try Celebrity. Honesty, I am not a fancy food eater, and the menus I have looked at on that ship, while enticing to others, it is not to me.
My question is, on the other lines I have been on, if there was nothing on that day's menu that appealed to you, they had a standard steak, or pasta dish you could get every night if you wanted to. Do they offer that on the Equinox ?
I really would appreciate your answers. I am really stressing over this.
Thank you.

Yes they do. There will be the "Every Day" menu that includes. Sirloin steak, salmon and grilled chicken breasts for entrees. There is also shrimp cocktail, stuffed mushrooms and fruit medley available for appetizers. Creme Brulee, chocolate and cheese cake are also available on the "Every Day" menu.

You can order from both the daily and Every Day menu if you don't see an appetizer or dessert you like.

Enjoy,
Mike

mustang sally April 6th, 2013 12:11 PM

Thank you for your response Mike. That makes me feel better.

Surfguyxxx1 April 7th, 2013 01:17 PM

Mike's right, once again. I sailed on Equinox about 3 years ago and didn't like everything so it was nice to enjoy a few "daily" offerings. Lose the stress and enjoy Celebrity; it is a fantastic cruise line.

storybookcruises.com April 7th, 2013 01:21 PM

Having been on all the cruise lines, we personally love the food on Celebrity more than the others. Of course, food is very subjective; what one person loves, another will hate.

But we were just talking about this yesterday. Nancy and I spent 17 nights on the Oceania Nautica (which they tout as luxury class but really isn't). In 17 nights there were probably 3 or 4 nights when there was nothing on the menu that got my attention. Whereas on our Celebrity Eclipse cruise, we found the menu to always have things that were of interest. (Personally, we felt the food on Celebrity was equal to or often better than Oceania.) And, as Mike stated, there are the usual menu items that are available every night, such as steak. Plus, the specialty restaurants were awesome! Qsine was amazing and the food was wonderful - definitely something worth trying.

After trying Carnival and Royal Caribbean, I think you'll really enjoy the better quality food Celebrity has to offer. Just my opinion, but we've never been disappointed with Celebrity.

Pete