Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Cruise Deals
Register Forgot Password?

Cruise Deals Share your best cruise deals with everyone. Open to travel pros, too.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 12th, 2013, 06:33 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Allure price $829 higher than Oasis price $799 Anyone know why?

I was looking at pricing for Oasis and Allure and I saw that the Allure price was higher than Oasis price. I was wondering if it was because of the ports they traveled to or some other oreason. The taxes and fees were nearly the same.

Royal Caribbean had a full page thank you ad to customers and others in the Monday August 12 issue of the Wall Street Journal. Interesting placement of an ad and end of ad reads share all your great stories #ROYALWOW.
Sponsored Links
Old August 12th, 2013, 06:46 PM
Admiral

It's all about supply and demand.

Plus, if you're looking at 'advertised' rates, it could be that the prices shown are for different categories.

Pete
47 Cruises & Counting! Favorites: Paul Gauguin to Tahiti: Uniworld River Cruises in Europe; any of the Celebrity Solstice-class ships; Holland America for 12-nights in the Baltics & Russia; RCCL for 14-night Greek Isles, Turkey, & Croatia; Holland America for 14-day Alaska cruisetour; 10-night Canada/New England cruise; 21 days in Hawaii including a 7-night NCL cruise; Oceania for 25 days in Asia; & 3 months touring Europe by train. And many days spent in all-inclusive resorts!
Old August 12th, 2013, 06:59 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Snoozeman Send a message via Yahoo to Snoozeman

Yes, Pete's 'right on' about S&D. Probably just a few more booked on the Allure right now.

My Personal Cruise Blog: My Cruise Blog

Future Cruises:
Navigator of the Seas-Caribbean-3/23/2014, Carnival Freedom-Caribbean-5/10/2014, Carnival Freedom-Caribbean-5/18/2014, Carnival Sunshine-Caribbean-5/30/2014, Carnival Legend-South Pacific-8/30/2014, MSC Preziosa-Mediterranean-10/25/2014, MSC Fantasia-Mediterranean-11/2/2014
Old August 12th, 2013, 07:47 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

A lot of the time, the newer of the two are priced higher, plus the supply and demand goes into effect as well. They do depart on different days, one a Sat and the other Sunday, sometimes that may make a difference to bookings...

Message Boards Moderator
Old August 13th, 2013, 09:56 AM
First Mate

In general the Eastern Caribbean itinerary costs more than the Western, is that a factor here?