Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Cruise Deals
Register Forgot Password?

Cruise Deals Share your best cruise deals with everyone. Open to travel pros, too.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 25th, 2013, 01:42 PM
Admiral

Default Thanksgiving Week On Brand New MSC Divina From $349!!

Spend Thanksgiving week on the brand new MSC Divina - inside rates from $349 per person plus tax - cabin total for two is only $946.88 including tax for a 7-night cruise to the Eastern Caribbean leaving from Miami.

Give me a call at 703-858-9898 or drop me an email; dreams@storybookcruises.com for more information about this or any of the wonderful cruise deals currently being offered.

Pete Peterson
Cruise Planners/American Express
47 Cruises & Counting! Favorites: Paul Gauguin to Tahiti: Uniworld River Cruises in Europe; any of the Celebrity Solstice-class ships; Holland America for 12-nights in the Baltics & Russia; RCCL for 14-night Greek Isles, Turkey, & Croatia; Holland America for 14-day Alaska cruisetour; 10-night Canada/New England cruise; 21 days in Hawaii including a 7-night NCL cruise; Oceania for 25 days in Asia; & 3 months touring Europe by train. And many days spent in all-inclusive resorts!
Sponsored Links
Old September 25th, 2013, 06:02 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

Cool idea and a great price.

Pete - how do you think the nationality mix with US/Europeans will be on Divina this year? Mostly Americans?

Old September 25th, 2013, 09:37 PM
Admiral

It's going to be very interesting to see how all this plays out. MSC is putting the brand new Divina in Miami full-time in an attempt to gain the interest of the No. American crowd. After all, the largest number of cruisers worldwide are from the U.S.

MSC has a very big following in Europe. Because of that, they lean heavily towards catering to the European lifestyle. Many Americans cruising with MSC in Europe are turned off by that, while others love and savor the difference.

Now that they'll be in the States full time, they have already committed to changing some of their ways to cater more to the No. American crowd and will be changing more as time goes on and they learn what's pleases us.

From the clients I've had sail on them, it's as I said, a love/hate relationship. Americans either love them or hate them - there's no in-between. Same can be said about Costa, which is heavily Italian. We really liked our cruise on the Costa Atlantica, but others are turned off by them.

I sincerely hope they'll be a hit as it'll give us another option to sell to our clients. I'm really hoping we'll get the opportunity to sail on the Divina early next year so we can find out first hand how it is and can better relate it to our clients. Right now, I can only provide information based on the feedback we've gotten from our clients who have sailed on them in Europe.

In the meantime, I have a very good long-time client who will be doing the 11-night cruise on the Divina on December 10th and will anxiously await his trusted opinion.

Pete
47 Cruises & Counting! Favorites: Paul Gauguin to Tahiti: Uniworld River Cruises in Europe; any of the Celebrity Solstice-class ships; Holland America for 12-nights in the Baltics & Russia; RCCL for 14-night Greek Isles, Turkey, & Croatia; Holland America for 14-day Alaska cruisetour; 10-night Canada/New England cruise; 21 days in Hawaii including a 7-night NCL cruise; Oceania for 25 days in Asia; & 3 months touring Europe by train. And many days spent in all-inclusive resorts!