Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Cruise Dress / Packing
Register Forgot Password?

Cruise Dress / Packing Recommendations for the best clothes for traveling on ships

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 3rd, 2000, 02:12 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter
Default Have you ever gotten it right?

Has anyone here EVER felt like they packed just right for a trip they took?

Does anyone here have a packing list they would care to share with us?
Sponsored Links
Old September 3rd, 2000, 10:40 PM
Vicki C

Default RE: Have you ever gotten it right?

I find out how many formal nites, semi formal, and casual nites there are and actually make a list of the outfits I will be wearing and the accessories and shoes to go with them. Then I take my list with me, tape it to the back of the door and know what it is I am to wear each nite. Have always used all the clothes I take and hardly ever take any I don't wear.
My suitcase comes home full of treasures and dirty clothes. I always take an extra bag for anything I see that I can't live without and need to transport home. I keep this list on my computer and refer to it before each cruise. Going on number 8 in Oct.
Vicki
Old September 5th, 2000, 08:20 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

"I find out how many formal nites, semi formal, and casual nites there are and actually make a list of the outfits I will be wearing and the accessories and shoes to go with them. Then I take my list with me, tape it to the back of the door and know what it is I am to wear each nite. "

Vicki --

You are a hoot! I want to take cruise with you some day. Between throwing away the pictures and knowing you plan you entire wardrobe in advance you could keep me entertained for days.

My approach to packing is this...

"If I forgot anything I can buy it."
Old September 8th, 2000, 12:51 PM
Dawn Stefano

1) NEVER!!!!!!!!!!

2) You're kidding, right? Since I've never gotten it quite right, I've never bothered to keep any of the hundreds of lists I've made in the past! Oh well, maybe I'll pack lighter and smarter next time.
Old September 24th, 2000, 07:58 PM
Beckie

I thought I was the only list-happy person out there! I've had a running list since May of what I want to take on our 11/25 Sea Princess cruise. I, too, have been making notes on outfits (especially during the summer months while I'm wearing them. Come Nov., it's a little chilly here in New England to be wearing shorts. And I don't think I'll remember something like "those white shorts have the little loop on them that gets caught on everything."

Somewhere on one of these boards was posted the ultimate packing website. It was great!!! I've printed it and edited it and will be putting it in my word processor with a space before each item to check off that I have it and also a note as to where I'm going to back it (Yeah, I'm a little obsessive. <G>) http://www.geocities.com/Calgon1/Ult...king_List.html
Old September 26th, 2000, 10:00 PM
Vicki C

Paul,
Your" if I forget it I can buy it " works great for you guys and gals who are skinny and can take an outfit off the rack. No so for us bigger people. Delta lost our luggage on our cruise last Dec. I had a tshirt dress in my carryon with my husbands swim trunks. Besides the clothes we traveled in that was what we wore from Sunday Am until NOON Tuesday when our luggage finally caught up with us. What a mess. Princess was kind enough to give us credit in the shops on board, but they didn't have anything that would fit me. NOW I carry a COMPLETE change of clothes for both of us in our carryon. Will probly never need it again.
8 days until I leave on the Sea Princess for the Panama Canal.
Vicki C
Old September 27th, 2000, 12:07 PM
Karin

Wow! Someone just like me. I have my list on the computer and I update it during the year. (We go every Jan) My husband calls me the "List Queen", but we never forget anything thanks to my list. After 5 cruises, I pretty much have it perfected.
Old April 2nd, 2001, 02:12 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Here, I thought I was the only "list queen"... my sisters
tease me about my 5 page, multi-colored list.. I also plan
ahead what to wear each day. Our last cruise I don't think
I forgot a thing! Making lists gives me something to do
to keep going nuts from anticipation.... off to Alaska in August on the Zaandam!!!