Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Cruise Dress / Packing
Register Forgot Password?

Cruise Dress / Packing Recommendations for the best clothes for traveling on ships

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 14th, 2000, 11:38 PM
cheri

Default Appropriate for Formal Night?

Sailing Millennium to E. Carib. in February. Two formal nights. I have a long black dress and thought I could wear that with silver shoes/bag. For the other night I was wondering if a short dress would be okay. It's black, sequined. Is short appropriate. Hubby won't wear a tux -- will a black suit be okay? Never cruised before and don't want to look out of place. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Old September 15th, 2000, 12:19 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default RE: Appropriate for Formal Night?

Hi Cheri,
Yes, the dresses you mentioned should be fine. The one thats a bit more dressey will be better for the first one, just a tad more formal. The dark suit for your husband will do just fine. On these nights they have some photographers set up to do some really nice photo's if you're interested. There is no obligation to buy them, but once in a while they are good enough, you just may want to? Don't worry, you won't look out of place. I too usually bring my short black one with sequins and it works out great.

Donnassei/Sealover
Old November 3rd, 2000, 10:40 AM
Beginner

Default RE: Appropriate for Formal Night?

Cheri, this has been a BIG concern of ours. Our first cruise, so actually alot of concerns!!!!! I've been looking for a few weeks with no luck for a dress. Thought the stores would have holiday dresses in by now, but none has tripped my trigger that I would pay the price for. We never "dress up" to this extend. I found my hubby a black blazer (really good price) but keep seeing the word "suit." I've been told by friends that it will be fine but from reading the messages on this subject I'm not sure. Glad for all the help found on Message Boards - Tammie