Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Cruise Dress / Packing
Register Forgot Password?

Cruise Dress / Packing Recommendations for the best clothes for traveling on ships

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 26th, 2000, 11:06 AM
Passenger

Default First Cruise (What to bring)

My wife, 9 year old daughter and I are cruising on a 7 day American Hawaii Cruise from 12/23 - 12/30 and this is our first cruise. Any advice on what to bring would be greatly appreciated as we have no clue on what we may need on board besides the basic daily needs. We are also cruising with 2 other families which include a 2 year old infant so any advice on traveling with an infant would also be helpful.
Also If any of you know of a site that has some sort of checklist on what to bring please let us know.

Many Thanks

Jamie
Sponsored Links
Old November 26th, 2000, 11:21 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default RE: First Cruise (What to bring)

Hi Jamie,
Found a great packing list that may be of interest to you for your Hawaii cruise:

<http://www.cruisemates.com/articles/cruiseguide/families/packing.cfm>

There are a lot of good tips in there, should help you a lot. There is also a section here at Cruisemates about going on your first cruise, hope you find it interesting:

<http://www.cruisemates.com/articles/cruiseguide/first-time/index.cfm>

Donnassei/Sealover
Old November 26th, 2000, 11:28 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hi Jamie,
I just came across another article about packing that you may get a chuckle out of, enjoy:

<http://www.cruisemates.com/articles/cruiseguide/hum-op/guy-packing.cfm>

Donnassei/Sealover
Old November 26th, 2000, 11:52 AM
Passenger

GREAT!!!! Thanks alot Donna, this will really help. It looks like enough info that will keep even me from forgetting the most important things.

Yes I did get a real good kick out of the "Real Guy's Guide to Cruise Packing" article as well
Old January 22nd, 2001, 10:15 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: First Cruise (What to bring)

This is probably obvious to some but I certainly didn't think of it on our first cruise in '99. Tell your wife to bring a tube top if she plans to do any sunbathing and hopes to wear a strapless or spaghetti strapped formal gown for dinner. I wasn't even lying in the sun but got terrible tan marks the day of the first formal night. It may not mean much to some but it sure was noticable in the pictures we had taken on formal night.

Wendy