Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Cruise Dress / Packing
Register Forgot Password?

Cruise Dress / Packing Recommendations for the best clothes for traveling on ships

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 25th, 2001, 10:57 AM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to Lindsay
Default Teenager on Cruise

I'm 15 years old and will be going on a cruise with my sister and my grandparents Mar.11-18. We'll be on the Costa Victoria (Casa de Campo, Catalina Island, Nassau, San Juan & St.Thomas/St.John). My grandparents have been on many cruises before but this will be my first. My grandma tried to tell me what to bring, but i'd like to know what kind of clothes a teenager needs to bring, obviously because i don't dress like my gram. Any information would be very helpful.

Thanks a lot!!
Sponsored Links
Old January 25th, 2001, 04:44 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: Teenager on Cruise

Hi Lindsay,
Check out the "teen" center here for some answers to all your questions, also the "first cruise":

<http://www.cruisemates.com/articles/cruiseguide/kids/index.cfm>

First cruisers:
<http://www.cruisemates.com/articles/cruiseguide/first-time/index.cfm>

Donnassei
Old January 25th, 2001, 07:02 PM
Brittany

Default Re: Teenager on Cruise

Hi! I am 15 and I have been on 2 cruises going on my third in May on the Carnival Sensation. This is my advice: Depending on where you are going, you will probablly be in your swimsuit most of the time. My BIG mistake on the first cruise was bringing WAY too many outfits. I have only been on Carnival and they have you dress up every night and two formal nights also so you might want to check about that. But definately need dinner outfits! Other than that just regular shorts and tanks or t- shirts are fine and sandals. But remember that the cabins aren't really huge so bring only the clothes that you really need. Other things to bring are like a bag to keep stuff in on the beach and your camera and good walking sandals. Definately need Sun Screen!!! It is extremely hot in the Caribbean. Other than that I say have a great time and anything you need you can buy cheaper there anyways! Hope you have a great first cruise! If you have any other questions feel free to e-mail me! Thanks!

Brittany