CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/index.php)
-   Cruise Dress / Packing (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=290)
-   -   After dinner dress (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/showthread.php?t=293664)

Tim February 12th, 2001 01:42 PM

After dinner dress

Hi, I am sailing on the Carnival Celebration soon and I was wondering what the dress was after dinner. Do people stay in their dinner wear, or do the change into some funky shirts, shorts, and sandals? I would be very uincomforatble if I had to wear kakis and a polo all night. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

brittany February 12th, 2001 10:15 PM

Re: After dinner dress

hey! I went on the Celebration and after dinner I went and changed into whatever for the show. Some people stayed in the nice clothes and got the picture thing going on but we just got casual and it was a LOT BETTER! dress how you want when you want except at dinner and then just dress nice. You will love this ship! Good luck!

Kuki February 14th, 2001 06:27 PM

Tim wrote:
>
> I would be very uincomforatble if I had
> to wear kakis and a polo all night. Any help is appreciated.
> Thanks!

Have to be honest here. I really don't understand this. I can understand some people being uncomfortable in formal wear, shirt and tie and all that. But I really can't figure out what would be uncomfortable about Kakis and a polo shirt. Jeans and a t-shirt more comfortable than kakis and a polo shirt???

Regards,
Kuki
Features Editor

Tim February 15th, 2001 10:04 AM

Yes, they are. I wear polo and khakis everyday to work. I do not want to wear them when I am on vacation, at least any longer than I absolutely have to.

Faith February 22nd, 2001 01:23 PM

TIm,
My husband is the same as you. So am I to understand that after dinner jeans are ok? We are also going with my brother-in-law who lives in jeans and he might be very uncomfortable in anything else! We are leaving on 4/1/01 to Mexican Riviera on Rhapsody.
Thanks for any info.
Faith

Doug R. February 22nd, 2001 02:41 PM

Uncomfortable in Khakis and Polos? Have you considered a nude cruise?? : )

Doug

Faith February 23rd, 2001 01:12 AM

Doug,
Very funny!
Faith

Robert February 27th, 2001 03:20 PM

We have ship for non-smokers, The PARADISE. Maybe we should have a ship for those cruisers who only like to DRESS DOWN. No formal attire whatsoever. Anyone caught not wearing jeans to dinner would be thrown off the ship.

jules February 28th, 2001 04:03 PM

LOL!!! Amen, Robert, you have given the definitive

:>D

Cruiser Sue March 5th, 2001 08:09 PM

Re: After Dinner Dress

Hey as long as those who go on board sign the waiver!! What should the ship be called? Canival's CASUAL? the Laid Back and Relaxed? Why not?