Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Cruise Dress / Packing
Register Forgot Password?

Cruise Dress / Packing Recommendations for the best clothes for traveling on ships

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 18th, 2001, 08:36 PM
cruzlovr

Default Carry On Worries

Hi,

I am going to be married while in port (we'll be on the Radiance) next month. My wedding dress is very formal and very large. It is very heavy because of all of the beading. I will be bringing it on a portable (rolling) clothes rack. Will I have trouble bringing it on board ship this way?

Thanks for the advice!
Sponsored Links
Old April 19th, 2001, 05:28 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: Carry On Worries

Hi Cruzlovr,
You shouldn't have any problems with the dress, just give it to a porter at the pier along with a few bucks. Also make sure you have the proper luggage tags on it.
Congrats on the wedding, sounds wonderful. What island are you getting married on?

DOnnassei
Old April 19th, 2001, 05:54 PM
cruzlovr

Thank you! Actually, we're getting married in Victoria, BC. This particular cruise leaves out of Seattle and goes to Vancouver, BC and then Victoria and back to Seattle. We did the same trip last year on the Vision (lovely ship!). I'm really excited about seeing the Radiance!
Old April 19th, 2001, 07:19 PM
Admiral

Hi Cruzlovr,
Wow, the wedding should be wonderful, be sure to post back and tell us all about it, thanks :-)

Donnassei
Old May 21st, 2001, 01:56 PM
Jenny

All our carry on worries were for naught! We made quite a scene with everything we brought on board (my dress, the tuxes and the bride's maid's dresses were all on one clothing rack) - but it was worth the effort! As requested, I've included a picture.

The Radiance was beautiful - especially the Colony Club and Solarium areas. We had pretty great service all-in-all!

Old May 21st, 2001, 05:21 PM
Admiral

Hi Jenny,
So glad to hear you had no problems, and yes, the newly married couple does look happy, congrats to you both. You look absolutely beautiful! How was the cruise??

Donna
Tuesday Chat Host
Old May 23rd, 2001, 01:56 PM
Jenny

The cruise was fun, but with a wedding group of 24 people, it couldn't have been anything but!
We had a cat D cabin (balcony), that had all sorts of storage space that we have not had on other ships. The cabin steward was fabulous!
The food was pretty standard fare - nothing too special, although we checked out Portofino's one night and had excellent food there.
We were disappointed with the wait staff we had (early seating), but we sailed back-to-back cruises so we could cruise for a full 7 days, and the 2nd cruise (late seating) had incredible wait staff! We certainly felt well taken care of!
I sort of feel that over the years (my first cruise with RCCL being in 1990), service has gone down hill. I guess as things get more comercialized and people do more bargain hunting, it's only to be expected...
Over all, it was the most perfect wedding (and weekend!) we could have hoped for!