Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Cruise Dress / Packing
Register Forgot Password?

Cruise Dress / Packing Recommendations for the best clothes for traveling on ships

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 29th, 2001, 02:14 PM
rwa

Default Make-up Mirror?

We're planning a future cruise on the Infinity. We'll book an outside balcony room. How is the lighting in these rooms? Should I consider bringing a lighted make-up mirror? Or is there sufficient lighting around the mirrors so that you can see well enough to do your make-up?
Sponsored Links
Old August 29th, 2001, 03:19 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Make-up Mirror?

On the Millennium, sister ship, the vanity was right next to the glass sliders to the balcony. Daytime (Keep your drapes pulled back) and evening lighting was great. You also have the light switches for the Vanity as well as the lights over the sliders right next to you near the hairdryer. I use a magnifying make-up mirror at home and wear glasses, so I know your concerns. I think you will be fine. Also, there are lights behind you on the end tables and putting those on too help with the reflection off of the mirrored walls. I find that the Lighting color is very golden for some reason, which makes me look tan.
Bon Voyage
Old September 5th, 2001, 11:03 AM
Admiral

Hi, rwa ...

If you're accustomed to using a makeup mirror, toss it in. Can't hurt and doesn't take up much space. I can only remember one ship (not WHICH one, of course) that didn't have good lighting.

You can certainly see well enough to do makeup but the lighted mirror might be a good thing. Be sure to tuck in a small extension cord or a cube tap for the plug-in part.

pamda -- CM First-Time Cruisers Editor
Old September 27th, 2001, 05:17 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to James Send a message via Yahoo to James

shut up