Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Cruise Dress / Packing
Register Forgot Password?

Cruise Dress / Packing Recommendations for the best clothes for traveling on ships

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 31st, 2001, 07:33 PM
poocher

Default why I'm still the reluctant cruiser

All these posts about formal wear!!! I don't mind taking a couple of cocktail dresses and those great spiky black heels with me but I know my husband is going to want to be comfortable 24/7. He says "I paid for it and I should be able to dress as I want". I have nightmares about showing up for formal night alone!! If I can con him into his charcoal grey summer suit for ONE night, will that be OK? My son (11 yrs old and dances with Mom!!) will wear a suit if I really ask but would dress pants and a tie be sufficient? And while on the subject of kids, I'm sorry but we have so little time with our kids before they're grown that I NEVER vacation without them. However, I expect a certain level of behavior from them that even I can see is not always asked of other kids. So my apologies in advance to everyone who will be sailing with us on the Nordic Empress on May 12, 2002. But I defy any of you to resist Nick. More charm that one kid should be allowed!!!

Pooch the reluctant but going anyway cruiser
Sponsored Links
Old August 31st, 2001, 07:58 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: why I'm still the reluctant cruiser

Hi Poocher,
I'd say if you can get your husband into that suit, that would be fine, hey, he actually may enjoy it for just 1 or 2 evenings. As for this adorable "Nick" he too should be fine in nice pants, shirt and tie, bet he will look dashing! Just be sure to go have some formal pics taken that night, it may be an evening you will want to remember :-)

Donna
Tuesday Chat Host
Old September 2nd, 2001, 04:40 PM
susan l

Default Re: why I'm still the reluctant cruiser

Hi,

Had this problem with my husband when we went on our Honeymoon cruise several years ago. He had to buy a tux for our wedding so it came along for the
cruise. Talked him into getting a white dinner jacket in addition to the tux. I listened to him "grumble" but he really loved dressing "in style". Found out later that it was the too small collar size that was causing the problem. Bought him shirts that fit and it is no longer a problem.

Now, he's buying his 2nd Tux for the upcoming Nov 12th cruise on The Volemdam.

Men, why don't they admit they're not the size 16 neck and 34 waist they were
when they were 25. He's now 65 with a 44 waist and 18 1/2 neck. But he looks
DARN good in his Tux. Of course, I a little biased.

Have a great cruise!