Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Cruise Dress / Packing
Register Forgot Password?

Cruise Dress / Packing Recommendations for the best clothes for traveling on ships

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 2nd, 2001, 08:55 AM
doxiesx2

Default Smoking rules

What exactly are the rules regarding smoking on the ships? We are booked on the Explorer next summer and I don't believe I read any literature that addressed that subject. I am not a heavy smoker and can go hours without one, but if I want one I feel I should be able to especially in the privacy of our own cabin. My husband quit a year ago and put on 25lbs. I can't afford to do that, as I am disabled and unable to exercise it off. I have plans to quit, but probably not before the cruise especially with all the stress going on in our country right now. I never smoke in public as I know what a nuiscance it is to others and I respect their feelings, but I feel I should have the right to do it in my own cabin that I am paying dearly for. Any suggestions, rules, or comments would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old November 2nd, 2001, 10:08 AM
Linda T.

Default Re: Smoking rules

Hi,
You can smoke in your cabin on everyship I've been on (26). They also have designated smoking areas around the ship. Except for the Paradise, it's all non smoking. I too quit smoking and gained weight. We're leaving for the Triumph in a week and I have been on a low carb diet to get it off before I go. Have a great cruise.
Old November 2nd, 2001, 11:08 AM
Yeoman

I don't smoke but have observed that people do smoke in their cabins and on deck. Most ships have posted no smoking at all in the dining rooms and in the shows. People smoked in the halls and in the elevator waiting areas on our ship too, but it was frowned on.
Old November 2nd, 2001, 02:21 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hi Doxie,
We were able to smoke in our cabin on Explorer, had to ask for ashtrays, but they were provided. I think all the cruiselines forbid smoking in the theaters and dinning rooms, but there is usually one side of the ship where you will find ashtrays and its OK to smoke there, same around the pool area, there is usually a section where you can smoke and you will also find ashtrays.

Have a great time on Explorer, it was our best cruise so far, enjoy.

Donna
Tuesday Chat Host
Old November 3rd, 2001, 11:02 AM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to LuLu

Some ships have smoking cabins and others have non-smoking cabins. You might check to see which type you have.
Old November 3rd, 2001, 11:55 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

NCL used to have cabins designated as non smoking cabins. They don't anymore. Renaissance were non smoking ships. The company, unfortunately is in bankruptcy.
So.. right now the only non smoking ship is the Carnival Paradise.
In the onboard literature on the Explorer it is described as a "primarily" non smoking ship, but they go on to say they recognize some of their guests smoke, and have designated smoking areas both on deck in lounges around the ship.

Smoking is allowed in all the cabins. They aren't equipped with ashtrays automatically anymore, but you just have to ask the cabin steward and they bring them.

The dining, restaurants, and showroom are totally non smoking.

Regards,
Kuki.. who's a smoker.. but still believes some lounges on ships should be designated non smoking as well.
Old November 28th, 2001, 02:02 PM
Chyna_c

YAY Kuki, I too would like to see one lounge onboard of each ship non-smoking as well!!

Chyna