Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Cruise Dress / Packing
Register Forgot Password?

Cruise Dress / Packing Recommendations for the best clothes for traveling on ships

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 21st, 2001, 01:05 AM
Lisababy

Default QUAD CABIN

Hi Everyone!
Lots of firsts for me - first cruise (1/6/02 - Grand Princess) and first time using the message boards ANYWHERE! Reading your posts has been very helpful! I'm sharing an inside cabin with three girlfriends (calling ourselves "the fabulous forties") to celebrate all our fortieth birthdays in 2002. Know the room is dinky, but is there room for all our luggage if we each bring two pieces? And how about hanging room in the closet??? I'm trembling with fear - rescue me with words of wisdom, fellow travelers!
Lisababy
Sponsored Links
Old November 21st, 2001, 01:52 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki
Default Re: QUAD CABIN

Lisa.. first off .. WELCOME To CruiseMates!! Glad U found us, and glad to see u posting. I'm not female, but I am married, so still know nothing about women..

Traveling with 4 of them in a cabin should be interesting <G> All the luggage won't likely fit under the bed, but the cabin steward will happily store the others elsewhere, so that won't be a problem for you.
The closet and drawer space may be crowded, but not totally unmanageable... though I'm sure you'll need to request more hangers. (Mrs. Kuki packs much of the stuff on hangers, so that may be a helpful hint for you).

The thing I don't want to be around for is the lineups for the showers, and primping..

You are going to have a BALL!!! Enjoy every minute of it!!!!

Regards,
Kuki
Old November 21st, 2001, 10:32 AM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa

Thanks K!
I'm already having a ball reading all these postings and advice! Cruise Mates is THE BEST website! Thanks for the advice - I'm keeping my fingers crossed for an upgrade but we'll make the best of it no matter what! I feel sorry for our steward, though - a big tip is coming his/her way!!!
Lisababy
Old November 27th, 2001, 02:35 PM
Admiral

Hi, Lisa ...

Not only won't there be enough room for all your luggage, there won't be enough room for all your clothes. Those insides are TINY.

More than that, consider four women in a space that's really designed for two adults and two kids at the max. Your TA should be ashamed of him/herself for even booking it for you.

I've cruised with other women before, and it was a challenge on who's in the bathroom when, who takes the first shower, etc. And that was with just one other woman in a top cabin with a balcony for escape purposes. Heck, it's tough to cruise with my husband so far as logistics are concerned. He's always in the bathroom in the morning when I WANT to be there. Imagine everyone hopping around on one foot NEEDING the john ???

You have to make rules and set boundaries or else you won't be friends AFTER the cruise.

I checked with my favorite TA ... insides on the Golden are now going for about $499 per person., but fluctuate from day to day. If you and you gal pals can come up with some additional $$ you will be much happier with two cabins. Most good TAs will give a shipboard credit of $100 or per person, so that takes it down to $399 per each.

Your air and discretionary expenses would be the same.

I seriously encourage you to look into booking two separate cabins.

pamda
Old November 27th, 2001, 04:52 PM
Admiral

Storing your luggage is only the BEGINNING of your problems! I agree with pamda....the bathroom is going to be your biggest obstacle. If you can swing it....opt for a larger outside cabin with a balcony. Good luck ... hope it all goes well!!! Mgram
Old November 28th, 2001, 12:00 AM
Admiral

With all due respect, Mgram, can you imagine four of us "yadies" as a good friend calls the fairer gender ...

Let's say you, me, and any two other of our better female cruising friends in the same cabin? Never mind how big the cabin is, there's only one bathroom unless you're in the killer suites on the newer ships which feature a powder room.

I'd go for two insides rather than one outside. The bathroom thing.

It's not just about primping up, it's about NEEDING the bathroom for -- well, you know.

I hope that Lisa and her galpals will take a second look.

pamda, who MIGHT share a bathroom with Mgram. But then, again, maybe not.
Old December 22nd, 2001, 10:14 AM
Lisababy

Hi There,
Okay, you've got me freaked! I have NO CHOICE - we are sailing on what is now a FULL SHIP! (Our TA is the father of one of my three friends sharing the room!) So let's make the best of it - I'll take lots of pictures of us trying to utilize space in the room and write you a story the likes of which has never been seen on this website - "Four Women and a Quad Cabin!" (who's up for buying the film rights?!)
Lisababy