Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Cruise Dress / Packing
Register Forgot Password?

Cruise Dress / Packing Recommendations for the best clothes for traveling on ships

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 4th, 2002, 11:07 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default pre-cruise shopping - Ladies?

To all in the Sisterhood of Last minute Shopping,

We're coming to fort lauderdale a day early to hopefully(she says
wistfully) do some shopping. The list of things is endless; lingerie
(MUST find a Victoria's Secret) bathing suits, sandals, etc.
HELP!
Anyone know good places to get these things in Fort L.? I'm looking
for nice things(not Walmart) at decent prices. Come ladies; spill
those shopping secrets!(smile) Thanks.
Darlene
Sponsored Links
Old January 4th, 2002, 02:31 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: pre-cruise shopping - Ladies?

Sorry, I can't answer your questions, but try here:

<http://messages.cruisecritic.com/2/OpenTopic?q=Y&s=927093444&a=corfrm&cf=8170905551>

It's the cruise fashions forum on the cruisecritics board. Hopefully someone there should be able to help you out.
Old January 6th, 2002, 07:12 PM
debbe

Hi you can try the Galleria Shopping Mall. I am sorry I know it's in Fort Lauderdale but I don't have exact directions. There is also a nice shopping mall in Boca Raton on Glades Rd. And you can also try Aventura Mall. Hubby & I visit that area once a year and I am sorry I just know how to get there but am not sure of exact streets! You will find quality merchandise in these malls! Maybe you can check online for exact locations. Debbe
Old January 13th, 2002, 06:53 PM
Cherly

Yes the Galleria mall is the place to go. Neiman marcus, designer stores everywhere, very expensive. It is only a five minute taxi ride from the docks just ask any cab driver and they'll get you there. Saks is there too. If your looking for boutique type shopping but also pricey you could go to Las Olas Blvd. It is a beautiful area (outside) of little shops and open air cafes.
Old January 28th, 2002, 11:42 AM
Cruise Maniac

If you can catch a sale at the Galleria you can really clean up. I got 3 Leslie Faye dresses, 2 pr slacks and 2 blouses for $100. at Dillard's clearance sale.

I have never seen such drastic cuts on good quality clothes. And I thought that I would not be able to afford even a hanckerchief in that place when I first entered!!

Good hunting and bon voyage!

Judy
Old February 9th, 2002, 03:11 PM
Admiral

Hi, darlene ...

My secret is not to wait until the last minute. I use the Internet.

Best bathing suits for upscale pool lounging ... AB Lambdin.

For work-a-day suits, Lands' End.

I think I'd flip if I didn't have everything organized ahead of time and was trying to fill in necessities. Luxuries? Now, that's a different matter.

pamda -- CM First-Time Cruisers Edior and Clothes Pony (too small to be a Clothes Horse)
Old June 7th, 2002, 10:07 PM
lovecruis'n

I just found your msg., so I'm probably too late for your pre-cruise shopping this time, but FYI, on your future trips to Ft. Lauderdale, you have to visit the mall of all malls in the South. It is called Sawgrass Mills Outlet Mall. It would take you a good three days to see it all. So many stores in one place, 2-3 large food courts, Rainforest Cafe', huge cinema, etc. This place has every store you could imagine, and all of them are outlets! Everytime I visit , they're building more stores. It's my favorite place to go in Ft. Lauderdale, and I've been there quite a few times. It's a great place to just visit with a group of good friends or a sister(s) for a weekend. If you go, be sure to wear your good walking shoes, you'll need them!

It is located on Sunrise Blvd. You can find a brochure about it at any hotel, plus the staff at your hotel should be able to give you specific directions there. In addition, some of the local hotels offer shuttle service to the mall, I think. Embassy Suites on the 17th Causeway is a great place to stay while in Ft. Lauderdale.

Enjoy your next cruise & don't forget to visit Sawgrass. You won't be disappointed, believe me!!!!!!!!!!