Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Cruise Dress / Packing
Register Forgot Password?

Cruise Dress / Packing Recommendations for the best clothes for traveling on ships

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 31st, 2002, 01:50 PM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa
Default Honeymoon on Celebrity Millenium

Hi There,

We booked our Honeymoon cruise for March 17, 2002 for the Celebrity Millenium. I have a 2 part question that I would really appreciate some input.

I have cruised one and a half times... Once when I was a teen on vacation and the other a few years back on an attempt on a carnival cruise until the engines blew up and we had to be towed back to Miami. My fiance has never cruised before.

My questions are... on the formal nights, he is really not into the tuxedo dress. I want to know for the celebrity type ships if a nice suit will suffice? He has 2 very nice expensive suits... one a deep oliveish suit and the other a more deep natural color. These aren't black or navy dark IBM suits but very dressy and classy I feel. Will these suffice for the formal nights in lieu or tuxedos?? If so, does he need to bring more jackets for the informal nights or can suit pants, a dress shirt and tie work? This is turning into a dilemma and we have enough stress with the wedding to go shopping and buy total new wardrobes.

My next question is age... We are both 28 years old. Will there be other couples in our age range on the ship or will we be the total minority? I definitely don't mind an older crowd and we weren't looking for a party ship but we would like to have some things in common if possible...

If someone can help, I would truly appreciate it!!

Thank you....
Sponsored Links
Old January 31st, 2002, 03:21 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki
Default Re: Honeymoon on Celebrity Millenium

Hi Lisa,

Very simple answers to your questions. YES on both counts.

No problem wearing a suit on Celebrity at all. At least half the men will be in suits.. and of varying color.

And though the crowd may be a touch older than you, there's enough of a cross section that you'll be perfectly comfortable.

ENJOY the honeymoon!

Regards,
Kuki
Old February 7th, 2002, 03:38 PM
Admiral

What Kuki said. Sorry I missed this note before.

You will LOVE Millennium. Make sure to reserve for the Olympic restaurant as soon as you get on board. That will be THE special evening of your honeymoon. (Don't miss the goat cheese souffle!)

I'm pretty sure you will find a lot of kindred spirits on board. Even we "oldies" (and I include Kuki in that) enjoy meeting younger folks.

Have a fabulous cruise !!!

pamda -- CM FIrst-Time Cruisers Editor
Old February 8th, 2002, 11:06 AM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa

Thanks so much for the great responses! I hope I didn't come across rude or in the wrong way. I in no way meant I didn't want to hang out with older crowds but I was curious if there would be other honeymooners or people in our range as well. We are definitely very excited and we are counting down the days. I was just truly worried that my fiance HAD TO HAVE a tuxedo or a black suit. If so, I would of purchased another suit for him however if he an wear his nice darker suits and still fit in, then I am very pleasantly surprised!

Thanks to you both for responding and Happy Cruising!