Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Cruise Dress / Packing
Register Forgot Password?

Cruise Dress / Packing Recommendations for the best clothes for traveling on ships

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 2nd, 2002, 12:53 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Packing

Here is a little tip I picked up from an article on packing for travel ( can't remember where).

To save room for souveniers on your return, try packing your oldest undies. Then after wearing, just toss in the trash. Leaves some room in your suitcase and eliminates the nees to buy another bag.

Someday I may even take my own advice and not overpack!!!!

Judy
Sponsored Links
Old February 7th, 2002, 02:33 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Packing

Oh, Judy ...

pamda rarely disagrees with anybody, but this time I will. A cruise is a chance for me to re-tread my lingerie drawer.

When you're in the lap of luxury, who wants to be wearing ratty old undies?

Not moi. And I submit that ratty old undies remove just a bit of the romance from the cruise experience.

Underwear takes up so little space (you can jam it inside shoes) that it's almost a non-issue.

I consider pantyhose to be a disposable item. On one cruise, I'd rip them off at night and toss them in the trashcan in the bathroom. Last night out, every pair was washed and neatly folded on the foot of the bed, courtesy of our cabin steward. He must have thought that I was W-A-Y weird.

How to pack bras: pile them up, flat. Then fold them in half with one set of cups going into the other set. Roll. Stack up panties and roll them, too. They fill in suitcase corners very well or in men's shoes if they have big feet.

One of the best tips I've heard recently for the extremely fastidious who want to change panties eleven times a day is to pack panty liners for "freshness."

pamda -- CM First-Time Cruisers Editor
Old February 8th, 2002, 06:36 PM
StarliteGP

To save space pack your underwear in zip lock bags. I use 2 gallon bags I get at Target. After I put them in the bag I sit on the bag to get the air out and zip lock while I am sitting on the bag. The bag is flat.You can pack twice as much and still have room in your luggage.
I have bought the bigger bags as seen on TV and hey they work wonderful for my shorts and tee shirts.

Just remember you taking the air out not the weight.

I needed these as I am an over packer.
SB
Old February 21st, 2002, 11:18 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Harry Martin

My tip is wear no underwear -- voila, luggage space claimed!

:-)

Harry Martin (who started the clothes-picking for Saturday's cruise last night)
Old April 7th, 2002, 09:31 PM
knockurselfout17

Ya know..I have the ultimate packing tip!!! ROLL all of your clothing..and room for souveneirs..take an empty bag aand lay it on top of your stuff when it is all packed that way you have an extra bag for your treasures, or for dirty clothes if you need. have fun!!