Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Cruise Dress / Packing
Register Forgot Password?

Cruise Dress / Packing Recommendations for the best clothes for traveling on ships

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 13th, 2002, 10:36 AM
PNS

Default "How" to pack Husband's Suit and My Formal Dress?

"How" do I pack the above stuff so it does NOT get all wrinkled?

I have figured out everything else and I know this should be easy but I am panicking!!!

Maybe I can't figure this out because I am tired and can't think any longer - we leave next week -- any ideas would be appreciated.

I thought of maybe buying a garmet bag and putting all of our hang-up clothes that we don't want wrinkled in it on hangers and then personally "carrying it on" maybe? That way, when we arrive in the cabin, we could simply hang them all at once. Plus, it would allow us to take fewer suitcases.

Any thoughts on this idea? (Can you tell this is our first cruise?) Thanks for any ideas you might have.

Pat
Sponsored Links
Old March 13th, 2002, 06:54 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: "How" to pack Husband's Suit and My Formal Dre

Hi Pns,
We simply use a garment bag, but have all the suits and dresses in the plastic cleaner bags, sure saves on the wrinkles, really works, so give that a try.

Happy Cruising.

Donna
Tuesday Chat Host
Old March 17th, 2002, 09:50 PM
Passenger

The cleaner bags work great I think you can purchase them from your local cleaners for about .5cents apeice. Good luck I'll be buying mine soon too> Colleen
Old April 7th, 2002, 09:12 PM
knockurselfout17

hi,

I have the BEST techniques to packing!!! ROLL,ROLL,ROLL!!!! with at least YOUR formal...flatten out the dress with as least wrinkles as possible and rool carefully...then if you want to keep the beads or sequence secure from being broken off by other clothing...simply place the compacted rolled dress or dresses in a ziplock baggie. for any other piece of clothing this is a great way to pack. I went to hawaii for 12 days and took 25 shirts and 12 pairs of pants/short plus 10 pairs of shoes AND my bathroom stuff and a deflated floaty...by rolling all my clothing...it is a great space saver!! And if you want to keep them from unrolling (which really isn't a big problem) tie some string or ribbon around the pieces. Good luck..and don't pull your hair out!!