Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Cruise Dress / Packing
Register Forgot Password?

Cruise Dress / Packing Recommendations for the best clothes for traveling on ships

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 16th, 2002, 03:35 PM
bcc

Default Can I carry my luggage on?

I am a first time cruiser going on Celebrity's Horizon in a couple of days. I am not going to be able to arrive at the ship until about an hour before dinner (the ship doesn't actually sail until 10:00). I have heard a lot about people not getting their bags by dinner and I figure with my tight arrival schedule the chances I will have mine are small. Can I carry my bags on myself? I will only have a small carryon & a big garment bag so handling it shouldn't be a problem. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old April 16th, 2002, 04:16 PM
aj

Default Re: Can I carry my luggage on?

You can carry on anything that will fit through the security x-ray machine just like at the airport.
Old April 17th, 2002, 07:48 PM
Admiral

bcc,

I have carried my own luggage aboard in the past, but it's not a big deal either way. The first evening is always casual, so you can either travel in something that's not too causal for dinner or pack your first night's dinner attire in your carry-on bag.

Norm.
Old May 8th, 2002, 07:34 PM
holly

Why would you want to drag all your stuff? I generally travel in a decent pant outfit (khakis) and wear it to dinner the first nite. Much easier.
Old May 10th, 2002, 09:49 PM
First Mate

New baggage requirements for carry on bags at Carnival....they won't let any bag larger than 11" x 17" through the X Ray and everything has to be X Ray'd that you carry on.

I saw this in the cruise pamphlet and called Carnival customer service to verify. They say this is a change since Sept. 11.