Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Cruise Dress / Packing
Register Forgot Password?

Cruise Dress / Packing Recommendations for the best clothes for traveling on ships

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 18th, 2002, 11:02 AM
Marnie

Default cotton dresses

Is it me, or is it nearly impossible to find cotton dresses anymore? I'm not cruising for a while, but I wanted to find some comfortable dresses for the casual days and nights and thought all the summer clothes would be out now. Everything is polyester, nylon or acetate. That's so uncomfortable, especially in the summer. If anyone has any tips, please share. And I'm better off not sewing; could be dangerous.
Sponsored Links
Old April 18th, 2002, 11:29 AM
Passenger

Default Re: cotton dresses

I found some really cute cotton sundresses on Victoria's Secret website. I ordered four different ones for my cruise. Most are on sale for around $30 too! Perfect for lounging!

SHelly
Old April 18th, 2002, 11:32 AM
Passenger

Old April 19th, 2002, 06:36 AM
Marnie

Thanks for the link. Those look perfect. I'm still a little leary of ordering from a catalog, expecially victoria's secret. I've had so many problems with them in the past, not delivering things or items showing up that didn't match the description advertised in the catalog. It's been a while since I've dealt with them, maybe they've improved. I'm going to continue to shop around, if I have no luck, I'll take another crack at it.
Old April 20th, 2002, 04:51 PM
Holly

Saw some nice inexpensive dresses in cotton/rayon or ramie at Burlington 10 days ago.
Also, if you live in a northern climate the really summery stuff is just beginning to come out at places like Marshalls and TJ Maxx. I don't like shopping on line. Never can be sure if the sizes run right and colors are true.
Old April 21st, 2002, 12:58 PM
susancruzs

Do you have a Kohl's near you? I live in NE Illinois and they are just starting to put the summery stuff out and I saw some dresses that looked like they might be cotton, although that is a fooler these days.

I've always had good luck with catalog ordering but I've put on a few pounds so I'm not quite the size 10 I think I am so now I don't do catalogs! I love shopping but this business of having to put stuff on bugs me! Good luck with your shopping!
Old May 1st, 2002, 02:54 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to UConn1 Send a message via MSN to UConn1

Eddie Bauer also has a wide selection - I get most of my travel clothes from there.

Jodi

Old June 6th, 2002, 10:18 AM
Cruise Maniac

Hi Marnie,

I have some long cotton and denim dresses which I found at T.J. Maxx, Marshalls, and Filenes. Another good source for summerwear is Walmart.

I, too, dislike the rayon, tight, and stretchy tops. They are not comfortable,