Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Cruise Dress / Packing
Register Forgot Password?

Cruise Dress / Packing Recommendations for the best clothes for traveling on ships

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 15th, 2002, 11:33 PM
Shellid

Default What to expect on 7day Alaska Infinity

I am new to cruising and will be on the Celebrity Infinity Aug 29 2003 and need some advice. Do not own a single dress that fits since losing 60lbs this last 8months. so I have been looking for semi formal and formal attire but need to know if the weather or temp inside will be to cold for strapless, or tank style dresses or if I just need a shawl of some sort. Hubby is easy its me I am having trouble with. How many dresses does one really need. Can I wear a simple linen dress on semi formal and casual nights? Sorry for so many questions but time is ticking away and I want to make sure I am well prepared. Thank you for any help you can give.

Shelli
Sponsored Links
Old September 16th, 2002, 07:55 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: What to expect on 7day Alaska Infinity

Hi Shellid,
We did our first Alaska cruise the week of Aug. 30th on Celebrity Infinity and it was wonderful. I think since you lost that amount of weight, you deserve to treat yourself to a few new dresses, what an accomplishment!! There were 2 formal nights and yes, you would be fine in strapless and pack a shawl in case you get chilly, you would need a jacket if you want to go out on deck, but for inside the ship, that will do nicely. There are also 2 semi-formal nights where you'd need a nice dress for or a pants outfit. For the remaining 3 casual nights you can wear the linen dress you mentioned, that would be fine and also pants if you want.

We were very luck with a week of just about perfect "Alaska" weather, only 1 afternoon of rain and that was in Juneau and after we did the whale watching excursion with Capt. Larry, which I would also recommend, it was very nice to get up close with the whales, and yes we did see plenty.

You may want to read through the review of our cruise on the homepage here of Cruisemates. It was a wonderful cruise, here is the link to the review, be sure to look at the pics at the bottom, hope it will help you get ready for your Alaska cruise:

http://www.cruisemates.com/Articles/...infinity14.cfm

If you have any specific questions, feel free to e-mail me at donnanye@cruisemates.com

Message Boards Moderator