Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Cruise Dress / Packing
Register Forgot Password?

Cruise Dress / Packing Recommendations for the best clothes for traveling on ships

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 9th, 2002, 04:45 PM
stuff&things

Default Formal Night - 3 night cruise

on Carnival Fantasy...

After reading this site's First Time Cruisers articles, I am more confused about dressing for formal night on our upcoming cruise. I thought I would wear a formal - true formal (long dress with glittery jacket) but it said something about formals not being the attire of choice on 3 night cruises So - someone out there who knows... Please tell me do I wear a true formal or do I wear say a nice, ankle length black dress accessoried to dress it up? And as for the other two nights - sundresses okay? In November?

Thank you!

Sponsored Links
Old October 9th, 2002, 10:44 PM
MizSuzannah

Default Re: Formal Night - 3 night cruise

Hi...you're right on the money...your outfit sounds appropriate and GORGEOUS....The other two nights, make it casual dresses...your sundresses, if they're not to skimpy, are just fine! You'll be the belle of the ball...
Old October 10th, 2002, 07:27 AM
stuff&things

Default Wait - don't leave yet....

Which one is right on the money? The true formal or the ankle length black dress? Thank you for taking time to answer me!!!

Old October 10th, 2002, 10:50 AM
Patticake

Default Re: Wait - don't leave yet....

Your formal will work great. I've seen dressy and not so dressy on those special nights. It's just whatever you prefer. I like the idea of dressing up. It makes you feel pretty. The sundresses will be fine the other nights. But remember that the ship is usually cool at night so bring a cover up. Have a great cruise.
Old October 10th, 2002, 11:06 AM
stuff&things

Default Wait - don't leave yet....

Oh thank you SOOOOOOOOO much! This is really helpful!!!!

Old October 16th, 2002, 04:55 AM
MizSuzannah

Default Re: Wait - don't leave yet....

I meant the long dress with glittery jacket.....I love glitter...makes me think of Raymond in Rain Man: "She was very sparkly"....
Old November 1st, 2002, 11:21 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Wait - don't leave yet....

A picture is worth a thousand words. You can see a sampling of dining room attire at http://www.vsn.org/cruise/dine_grp_www.jpg. The full gamut of attire is displayed here.

Check out my guide for first time cruisers http://www.vsn.org/cruise

6/2002 Radiance Alaska
10/2002 Radiance Pacific NW
11/2003 11-Night Eastern on the Brilliance